Saturday 28 June 2008

Gender Bender #24


YSL Large Overseas Tote in Brown Deer Skin

Today I was in YSL Paragon again. Their 50% markdown for selected items are just too hard to resist. I have been eyeing on a nice YSL jeans fabric and suede tote bag so I just had to go back to check it out. While in store, I took the opportunity to check out some of the ladies range, checking if there will be any bags that might be suitable for guys. YSL bags such as Muse and Downtown bag have been welcomed by the male gender as man bags and I have seen quite a number of stylish guys toting those bags around.

Well, my 'bag radar' did not fail me today. I found another stunning YSL bag that works well for guys because of the huge size and design. This time the spotlight is on the YSL Large Overseas Tote, featuring a 'drawstring' style opening, but with a chunky brass chain and lock instead. Made of soft deer skin and comes in basic hues of brown and black, this huge full leather bag looks robust and yet interesting for a man to carry despite it being a ladies bag. The dark colours definitely makes it look unisex. The chunky chain fastening the bag can be adjusted so you can expand the opening of the bag which helps to make the bag more 'tote like' for guys.

(On a side note, I have to also point out that the overseas bag having significant amounts hardware could overwhelm you if you cannot pull off the look. The gold contrasted against the dark leather colour is very outstanding. So you must try the bag to see if it works for you. Personally, I tried it for myself and hence I love it. Perhaps, I have a more flamboyant style. :-P)

Now going at 50% discount, it is even more tempting to buy this bag (and the oversize muse and downtown bag as well!). If only I have not splurge on 4 bags this sale season, I would snap it up in an instant.:-p I am now a huge fan of YSL, french chic is effortless and elegant. I love it.

Retail price: SGD $3400. Where to buy: YSL Boutique at Paragon

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i just purchased the python version of this bag today.
I love it! - It is a "strong" bag due to the hardware - but really a fabulous bag. Love your blog - found it while looking up some info on the Overseas - i also have the large muse in gray pony skin! Will be reading your blog on a regular basis!

DG

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

it's a stunning bag, especially on python skin! Cool and congrats on your purchase:-P