Sunday 30 November 2008

My Bag Collection #41 (SOLD)









Bally Baltic Canvas Tote Bag With Beige And Blue Contrast Stripes (SOLD)
(Reveal from 'Sale Shopping Time... How Could I Miss It?')

Finally after more than 2 weeks of buying this, I am ready to show my new addition to my bag family. It does take a lot of time to take pics and edit them. 'Sigh'...I need an assistant:-)

Okay, back to the post. I was not planning to get any bags, especially from this season, since most offerings were not appealing to me at all. I was already shopping Spring Summer 2009 so all the the dark coloured and heavy looking winter bags are out of the shopping radar. But when I pop by Bally store as their sale commences, I just have to flash out my credit card. Reason? It's this beautiful nautical inspired Bally Baltic Canvas Tote Bag! I love the colour ways. The ivory white canvas with deep blue and beige signature Bally contrast stripes just shouts 'Yachting' and 'By-The-Sea vacation'! Preppy, nonchalant and lightweight, it's the perfect companion to head aboard a private yacht and sail the Baltic seas! I also adore the chunky shiny silver hardware on the bag. Bally branding is subtle as a small button on the front pockets on each side.

Perfect for the 'resort vacation' looks I am aiming for next season. This will go well with white shorts, bright coloured tops and white leather loafers. Wonderful. With Takashimaya offering a SGD$10 voucher for every $100 spent, I get 10% discount as vouchers which I can use for my next purchase. That is on top of the 6% rebate as vouchers when I use my Takashimaya Amex card to pay. Already at a 30% discount for the Bally sale plus all the rebate in vouchers, the deal just gets sweeter!

In the end, I paid SGD $694.40 for the bag which I top up to SGD $719.40 to get 7 vouchers instead of 6, in addition to the 6% rebate for Takashimaya Amex Card. Got a $25 'Aqua Stop' spray from Bally to hinder moisture and dirt on the light coloured canvas. Works for other bags and materials as well:-) Perfect.

I am waiting for next season to take this bag out to compliment my nautical, sea-faring holiday looks!

Retail price: SGD $992. Where to buy: Bally Boutique at Takashimaya

6 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW.....BAGS....AND BAGS......ANYWAY IT LOOKS GREAT FOR SUMMER..HA....CONGRATS ON YUR PURCHASE.

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

Thank you Hairi.

Glad you like the bag. Yes, perfect for Summer!

whats-he-wearing.com said...

nice bag, you really do have many many bags!

Anonymous said...

nice. reminds me of Hermes.

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

I think the fabric does kinda look Hermes-ish. The size is great for every day use or short weekend trips!

and Joseph, I do have too many bags. Yikes. What did you get from YSL? Reveal soon!:-)

Anonymous said...

is this bally-boy leaving your family tree soon? hahahaha

Andy