Wednesday 18 June 2008

The Material Boy #107




Martin Margiela Guitar Bracelet

I think I am in a paradox of fashion styles now. On one hand I love the 'maximalist' decadence of Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana and all those bling and flashy styles that screams LOUD, while on another side, I am liking quirky, conceptual yet modern and understated elegance that comes from Helmut Lang, Balenciaga and Martin Margiela.

Maybe it's because of my trip to Blackjack yesterday, which I stock up on more clothing. (Yikes!) I saw a lot of interesting pieces which I have not taken notice before until yesterday. Those pieces were really fresh and unique (MCQ, Martin Margiela, Helmut Lang and so on...). They look chic and yet have a lot of personality.

So today while browsing www.oki-ni.com for more Martin Margiela, I discover this 'gem' hiding within the online store:-) I am so loving this bracelet from Martin Margiela which is in a weird guitar shape! Ain't it special and quirky? This is one piece of jewellery that will be a conversational piece when your friends spots you with it. People will definitely ask you what you are wearing and where did you get that.:-P

The bracelet is made of a brass guitar shape cutout and rolled to form a cuff shape with a fastening by a leather cord. A brilliant design. I think it will look great for me. Comes in a very nice box too:-)

Wonder if Club 21 stocks this. Have to check tommorrow:-P

Retail price: UK 109 pounds. Where to buy: www.oki-ni.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and it doubles as a bottle cap opener to ;-)

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

that's for the key ring! hehe. How convenient. Beer anyone?:-P

Anonymous said...

OMG i'm SO getting this... if i can find it LOL i hope it comes out soon =)