Friday 20 June 2008

My Shopping Conquest #11





Martin Margiela MM6 'Die-Cut' Cities Leather Belt

I am absolutely in love with this gem I discovered 2 days ago at the Blackjack store. Was there shopping the preview sale for my new Raf by Raf Simons canvas sneakers when I notice this quirky belt lying atop one of the shelves, stocking Maison Martin Margiela MM6 line. This unique leather belt has die cut letters of names of cities around the world. From Paris to Osaka, it is just simply cool. Surprisingly, there are no belt holes as the buckle will fasten inbetween the alphabets. So it is the best fitting belt I ever own!:-P The metal buckle has been given an aged treatment so it looks worn and vintage. The brown leather also looks seasoned with use, which is very Martin Margiela as he is famous for reworking vintage items.

This belt is actually for ladies, but the belt (again) loops from left to right which is the men's way of wearing. There is even a thicker version which is so masculine and looks great with jeans. In the end, I chose the thin version becos I want to pair it with my shorts and looks more elegant.

I was skeptical about the belt first, did not try it on first sight. But went back to Blackjack the second day, tried it on and was immediately sold:-) Perhaps because my most favourite city in the world is on it...Paris, je t'aime!

It was a good idea to go back to buy this:-) I did not regret a single bit, especially at a great price. I paid SGD $201 after a 37% discount.

Retail price: SGD $319. Where to buy: Blackjack at Forum, The Shopping Mall

2 comments:

whats-he-wearing.com said...

nice belt!
gosh how much have you spent so far? it's only the beginning of the sale right?!

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

oops..I feel so guilty now.:-( I must stop visiting the shops from now on. It's scary. Now I do empathise with you when you say you need to stay away from the shops. It's evil.

I think I am done with the sales. Need to plan other things now:-P hahaha. such as a holiday. Will have to wait till I recuperate from the severe depletion of resources.