Wednesday 27 April 2011

My Shopping Conquest #122


Below: The closest I will probably come to getting a 'tattoo'...:-P Love my new Louis Vuitton x Scott Campbell Spring Summer 2011 étole tattoo bleu. 'Chinese Mafia' LV style?


Below: One of the key pieces in LV's Spring Summer 2011 mens collection... the cotton stole is fabulous under blazers and sweaters!



Louis Vuitton x Scott Campbell Spring Summer 2011 Mens étole Tattoo Bleu

Louis Vuitton is the king of collaborations. You have to applaud Marc Jacobs for his unusually acute sense of successful collaborative projects with famous artists. From Murakami to Richard Prince, Rei Kawakubo and now for Spring Summer 2011... celebrity tattoo artist Scott Campbell. I am usually not a fan of tattoos. I can tolerate seeing them in small amounts on other people (gives them a cool edge I must say, when done right), but never on myself. I will just get tired of the design very soon and regret it for life:-(

But it was love at first sight for this Louis Vuitton x Scott Campbell Spring Summer 2011 Mens étole Tattoo Bleu after I first saw Bagaholicboy flaunt his on twitter. I immediately got smitten by Scott's highly original style! His work for LV is street vs. fine art vs. fashion... all done with lots of personality and attitude. What's more, the oriental theme motif is what I deemed a contemporary take on chinese mafia style, 'bad boy' cool anyone?:-P

I told myself I must track one down. The LV gods heard my wishes and and I managed to find the seasonal-release cotton stole at Ngee Ann City's LV store. Only 2 pieces were available... of course one came home with me. I grabbed at the chance to own this fashion piece cum collectible art:-) (My friend said Scott Campbell is going to get even more famous:-) So this might be a highly sought after collectible in the future.)

Below: Oriental dragons and tattoo style LV monogram flowers... a cool intepretation of contemporary body art... Scott Campbell's work is amazing!


The stole features subdued colours of pale blues, brown tones and greys with motifs of chinese dragons and a series of reinterpreted tattoo style LV monogram. I also love the extreme creasing which give the scarf a used and nonchalant look. Perfect to peek out from under your blazers and sweaters, definitely a conversational piece at events:-)

Below: Close-up look at the prints on the extreme creased stole... lovely colour combination!


Can't wait to head to cooler climates soon to put this stole to good use:-) It's been so long since LV has gotten my 'shopping adrenaline' pumping this much... Very pleased with my purchase and love Scott Campbell!

Source: myMANybags, Style, Louis Vuitton

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That tatoo print is also featured in a jersey material type pant in the color grey which is quite subtle actually, I wanted to buy them but the stores around my area were out of stock.

LuxuryObsessed.com said...

Love it! Want the khaki version for myself!