Thursday 16 December 2010

The Material Boy #427


Below: Something from Gucci that tickles my fancy...



Below: I love this Gucci Tartan Pattern Carré With Fringe! Look how gorgeous it drapes and wraps around the neck:-)


Gucci Tartan Pattern Carré With Fringe

Oh, what a fancy name for a scarf. I have not been featuring Gucci since a long while. Have passed my phrase for monogram craze and more 'run of the mill' luxury designs. But since playing around and caressing this Gucci Tartan Pattern Carré With Fringe, I cannot seem to get it off my mind. I have been collecting plenty of scarves over the past few seasons, from Burberry Prorsum, Dries Van Noten, Lanvin to Paul Smith and H&M... this Gucci scarf seem to leave me high and dry, reminding me of its presence time and again.

I think I have 'fallen in love' with the scarf. The strips of blue against the greys and blacks evolving into subtle GG monogram with a background Tartan pattern is a sure winner. Coupled with the sheer size and fluffy fringes, it dramatise and wraps so cosily around one's neck. Voluminous but never suffocating, basic but not boring...this is one scarf that keeps you warm all seasons (thanks to the material of light weight wool and silk).

Oh scarf, please be on sale this markdown season! I need to add you to my collection. Perfect to stock up for my next winter season holidays:-)

Source: Gucci

Retail price: USD350 (or SGD 560) Where to buy: Gucci Boutique

No comments: