Sunday 25 May 2008

My Shoe Collection #27




Bally Lamb Skin Espadrilles

I was happily shopping at the Bally Boutique yesterday and I did not managed to eascape the temptations of sale season unscathed. I was so very tempted to buy a bag from Bally as the price was amazing for a full leather bag. And with an additional 10% discount for Takashimaya Credit Cardmembers, it just makes it more worthwhile to shop during this weekend. However, in the end, I convinced myself I do not need the bag, instead I picked up this beautiful pair of espadilles made of the softest lamb skin. It feels divine to slip your feet in the soft leather. Very comfortable.

What's most amazing is the pricing for such a pair of well crafted shoe. Made in Switzerland and very good quality handwork. This pair of espadrilles looks more expensive that what it is worth. I have checked out Ferragamo and Hermes espadrilles and they were totally over-priced with their fabric and jute rope construction. They were almost double of what I paid for this pair of Bally espadrilles and mine is made of soft lamb leather! More luxurious than canvas! The off white colour is both timeless and easy to match. Great for casual days out on weekends with shorts. Furthermore, the one thing I most like about Bally's version is it is with a slight heel and wooden sole. More elegant than just rubber flat soles. Most espadrilles are with just flat soles.

I am now happy and satisfied for sniffing out a good bargain:-)

Retail price: SGD $354. Where to buy: Bally Boutique at Takashimaya, Ngee Ann City

2 comments:

H::A:I:R:I said...

hey there do u have any email......

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

Good choice!:-) Hope you get the shoe and like it:-P