Thursday 19 June 2008

The Runway Sniper #09




YSL Cruise 2009 Menswear

The legacy of the late YSL is in good hands. Stefano Pilati has done it again, another elegant beautiful collection that reflects french chic and effortless dressing. I love the nonchalant attitude that comes with the clothes. There might be layering involved, but everything does not look forced and too put together. It's like a stylish guy just pulling out the pieces from his wardrobe and matching it without any deliberate attempts to coordinate the random pieces. Style is inherent and not forced.

In soothing hues of pale blues, navy, khaki and whites, I am sure men will take on to this sophisticated and yet non frivolous colour palette very well. My favourites are the navy suede boots, the printed fabric belts, the gladiator sandals, the pale blue cotton biker style jackets, the tapered and skinny ankle length pants and also the striped lined jeans! In fact, everything looks just right! I love almost all of the looks presented!

YSL, this will be one brand I will be paying lots of attention to this season and next. With Spring Summer 2009 shows coming up this month, I wonder what beautiful clothes will Stefano present to us again for YSL. I will be looking forward to seeing that!

This cruise 2009 collection will be available in stores around October 2008.

No comments: