Wednesday 4 March 2009

Gender Bender #40










Louis Vuitton and Sofia Coppola SC Bag

When I first laid eyes on this series of bags, I was not impressed. Simplicity and too much similarity to LV's keepall bags make this seem like a celebrity's convenient excuse to get into fashion. That was my perception during good economic times.

Perceptions changed as economic situations took a turn for the worse. All in all, during times of belt tightening, we try to spend only on what we need. If that something is an indulgence, we will only want to buy them if they have longevity and will last us for many seasons to come. This is when simplicity and elegance gains an upperhand. Investment pieces in fashion and luxury are the key to recession shopping. I sense the change in me now. I take less risk in buying seasonal, 'too trend forward' items. I rather go for classic, timeless styles where my money can have more mileage.

So this time around, when I see this range of Louis Vuitton and Sofia Coppola SC Bags, I start to appreciate it's simple, elegant aesthetics and thoughtful design. This is a bag that will ensure you enjoy using and still look trendy for many years to come.

I especially love the red leather version. The colour is simply sumptuous! There is also a LV monogram as well as a suede variant, depending on your budget. I like the bags very much now but I fear it may be built too small for a tall person like myself. Nevertheless, I will still try it in store this weekend and decide for myself. For now, the monogram version is the only one I can afford. I shall have to drool over the leather and suede ones:-) unless I strike lottery this weekend. SC Bags, what timeless beauty!

Source: www.louisvuitton.com

Retail price:

1) Leather and Suede SC Bag - SGD $5900

2) Monogram Canvas SC Bag - SGD $3400


Where to buy: Louis Vuitton Boutique at Ngee Ann City

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I now know what my destiny is : Find a way to get a hold of that bag!!! It is so delightful!!