Thursday 7 April 2011

My MANy Bags Lookbook #25


My Marine Style: Spring Summer 2011

I have blogged about the nautical influences in Spring Summer 2011 collections. The key to wear your sailing inspired pieces was not to be too literal.

Here's my take on My Marine Style, merging city and the sea, dandy and the sailor.... Khaki earth tones with sea faring blues, nautical iconography with classic plaids and stripes... it's all about contrast.

Dries Van Noten's Contrast Checked Sleeve Cotton Shirt, Junya Watanabe's Cropped Trousers with Fold Up Contrast Hem and Swear's 'Chaplin 1' Stripe Canvas Lace-ups get some classic dandy styles going. Burberry's Twisted Cord Necklace and ASOS's Brass Anchor Buckle Leather Belt adds a hint of high seas adventure. Finally, a touch of blue (From Prada's Canvas Briefcase) to round off the nautical flair... and my Marine Style is complete:-) City or the sea, here I come!

So what's your marine style this season?

See my other lookbook posts here

Source: ASOS, Farfetch, Net-A-Porter

No comments: