Sunday 3 February 2013

The Material Boy #562


Below: A new watch for the year of the snake? Montblanc Star 4810 Red Gold Chronograph Automatic is top choice... especially after seeing handsome Johannes Huebl wearing it at the recently ended SIHH trade event...

New Watch For Year Of The Snake? Yes To Montblanc Star 4810 Red Gold Chronograph Automatic!

The year of the Dragon is fast coming to an end. Another year is leaving us in the chinese calendar and the snake will take over this 2013. Chinese new year is always good reason to renew and update. It also gives us good reason to shop ourselves a new look, symbolic of a new start and good luck. I have amassed aplenty of wardrobe pieces to last me thru the new 'snake' year. Apparently this year, my chinese Zodiac sign bodes some of the best luck amongst all the animal signs. So is it time ti finally add a respectable watch to my wardrobe? I am seriously lacking a 'grown up' (as in proper luxury watch:-P) timepiece that can match up to the designer labels stocked in my closet. Having browsed and experienced Montblanc’s superior timepieces a few months back at their in store event with Dylan McDermott, I’d sure know where to start for the big acquisition in the year of the snake:-P

Browsing online and Montblanc’s website, I came across this heart achingly handsome pic of Johannes Huebl (boyfriend of Olivia Palermo) who was at the recently ended SIHH (Salon International De La Haute Horlogerie Genéve) trade event for luxury watchmakers to premiere their latest watch designs. I love Johannes’ slicked back hair and smart sartorial style. The red stripe tie is an ingenious touch. But most of all, I love the watch he has chosen to match that refined look. Anything rose gold on timepieces immediately set my heart ablaze. Classic non withstanding, it’s also a technologically advanced piece of innovation with watch movement developed by the experts for Montblanc. I admire the fact that Montblanc designs are refined without appearing too conservative... that it can fit effortlessly into the style of today's young gentlemen.

I managed to find out this watch is actually the Montblanc Star 4810 Red Gold Chronograph Automatic. And gaspingly retaills for SGD$23,350. Well, it’s the best or none at all for the discerning gentlemen. May be way over my budget, but admiration and inspiration is always within reach. One day... I shall. This will be my ultimate watch fantasy:-) of course, a bonus if it comes with the man who wore it (even if he's taken:-P).


Below: A good watch just makes a guy extra charming... Olivia Palermo must agree:-P


So what’s your watch fantasy? :-P Any lucky guy who will have his partner shower him with this watch as a Chinese New Year or better yet a Valentine’s Day gift?

More pics of Montblanc Star 4810 Red Gold Chronograph Automatic and Johannes Huebl on my facebook fanpage. 'LIKE' my fanpage if you enjoy reading this post.

Source: Montblanc

No comments: