Saturday 18 October 2008

Kevin in UK...Part One

All Aboard! Onward to London!


My 'One Night Stand':-P...Hyde Park Executive Apartments...




Autumn Leaves and lots of ducks In Kensington Gardens...




Natural History Museum...and me...I look like I am wearing tights. Yikes!
(I am wearing Zara Cropped Jacket and Grey Wool Cardigan, Agnès B Dogtag Necklace and Duffel Bag, D&G Audacious Fit Jeans, CK Calvin Klein Grey Shimmer V-Neck Tee, Jil Sander Graffiti Belt, Comme Des Garcons Silver Print Trainers and Marni Military Green Sunglasses.)




Harrods in Knightsbridge...Shopaholic's Heaven...



Oops..I did it again. I am guilty of shopping. The 'heck' with the ban:-P



(H&M triple twirl leather bracelet for UK 2.99 pounds! Has a cool magnetic snap-on closure.)

London...London...Hurray, I am here!

Finally, after more than 17 hours of flight time, (of course with 3 hours of stopover in BKK airport which I have fully utilise to indulge in some pre-flight foot massage. :-) feels relaxed afterwards for sure. Much needed for my next leg of the journey) I have touched down in London.

Flight was half empty on this Thai Airways TG 910. So I was very lucky to have an entire row of 3 seats all to myself for the whole duration. Perfect to be able to stretch out more than I would have expected. And I have to praise Agnès B for creating this fantastic super light duffel bag which made my life so easy during all the different security check points throughout the journey. The large exterior zip front pocket was totally useful! I love Agnès B.

Went straight to my hotel in Hyde Park. My Uk friend, James recommended this simple service apartment and it was a very good choice. The apartment was simple and no frills (Free from visual torture of floral curtains, dollies and pattern carpets...and all that English Chintz!), but what's most important is that the room size was pretty generous by London standards. This Hyde Park executive apartment came even with a mini kitchen for those culinary needs:-P Not that anyone will cook, not me for sure. I boiled water and have my first home cooked instant noodles for my snack before my 'counter jet lag' sleep. One good advantage of this apartment is the proximity to Queensway Tube Station. Just a mere 2 minute walk and you get connected to all parts of London.

While waiting for my friend, James to knock off from work, I had a good 3 hour sleep. When he arrives, he had all plans made for the evening. We first went to swanky Mayfair hotel for a cocktail with his business friends. Then head off to Escargot for a brilliant French dinner. The seared salmon starter and the Guinea Fowl main course was one of the best meals I have had in a long time. Yummy. I am salivating thinking about it.

Next we head off to Soho, The Loft for a drinks session, amidst my jetlag. I was surprised I made it past 10.30pm UK time. :-P And by 10.30pm, we were ready to call it a night before I comatose in the bar:-)

Next day was a day of exploration by myself in the morning and afternoon while James went back to work. We will go back to his home in the countryside at 4pm. So just enough time for me to enjoy a day of shopping and sightseeing before leaving london for scenic countryside. I was at the Natural History Museum (Free Admission with some interesting dinosaur exhibit!) and of course my favourite past time, shopping...in Knightsbridge, home of Harrods and Harvey Nichols! So here's so pics for the first part of my trip!

5 comments:

Ryo said...

C'mon, u don't look like you're wearing tights... Glad to see a small glimpse of your face... IMO, u simply look great!!! Trust me!!! Do have a wonderful time while you're there... Make it 'fruitful'!!! ;)

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

Thank you Ryo! Off to shower...chat later!:-P

Anonymous said...

oh how i miss London! me jealous....

Anonymous said...

how fun!! i wanna be wearing winter outfits too! enjoy!

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

Yes, Toosan, cold weather for all the winter gear. But to be honest, I prefer just cool weather like what I am experiencing now. Much easier and also cheerier to be in. The sun is shinning and clear blue skies. Warm but cooling. Perfect for a simple extra layer..but not overwhelming.

And Mr Duck...go for a holiday. Works wonders!