Sunday 3 February 2008

Great Minds Think Alike...#01


Marni Balloon Bag and Miu Miu Large Vitello Vintage Tote

Okay...this isn't about man bags...but I just have to blog this since I do pay attention to all bags regardless of ladies' or guys' bags.

In my line of work as an art director, when 2 people come up with similar looking ideas...the best consolation and excuse we use is 'great minds think alike':-P There is a thin line between copycat and 'great minds think alike'.

The Marni Balloon Bag and Miu Miu Large Vitello Vintage Tote looks like an evil twin seperated at birth. Marni came up with this shape first so I wonder if Miu Miu got inspired by Marni and improvised on the shape and design? Instead of a leather handle, Miu Miu opts for a metal version. But the pleating and the shape is very similar and reminds me of the balloon bag.


No comments: