Thursday 21 February 2008

The Runway Sniper #03




Gucci Women's Fall Winter 2008/2009

Continuing the Women's Fashion Week for fall winter 2008/2009...Here's Gucci. Frida Gianini seems to continue the russian hippee look from the men's collection look to her fall women's collection. Not only is the clothes a pair to the men's, but apparently some bag designs carry thru to the ladies. The first 2 bags are good evidence of that. I have written about the men's version of these bags for my first post here:-).

I feel the men's version has a more subdued colour palette and looked more sophisticated. The coated monogram canvas used here shouts cheapness.

Her other bag designs include a rework of the Hysteria Bag in 'carpet material'(?). I dun think carrying your carpet around is chic. Louis Vuitton done that for their man's bags a few seasons ago and I was not a fan. Too heavy on the eyes and very seasonal.

As for the shoes, the man's shoes looks a million times better than the women's. The shoe I posted here, look like it had warts all over the leather (I know it is round brass studs). Looking at it gives me goosebumps. :-)

Frida probably does better menswear than womenswear. But this is just my opinion.:-)

All images from www.style.com

No comments: