Thursday 28 February 2008

The Runway Sniper #04



Dsquared2 Menswear Fall Winter 2008/2009

A synthesis of street and sports styles inspired from the mean streets of London and the ski slopes of St. Moritz. Dean and Dan Caten of Dsquared2 showed a series of very wearable menswear with denims, fitted shirts, studded suspenders and boots in both military and ski designs. I am liking and envisioning myself wearing the high tall military boots for the coming fall season. The rolled up pants with the boots, mixed with tailored jackets, will definitely add a huge dose of suaveness to the wearer:-P. I am a denim guy, have sworn by jeans almost for every occasion, so this look will be perfect for me to pull off. I was not impressed when I first saw the pictures of this collection, but after viewing the runway clip on www.frillr.com, the collection grew on me.

The clothes may not be the fashion innovation that Hedi Slimane’s Dior is, but it still has a little twist here and there which adds interest to the design. Surprise elements such as red plaid strips on a white shirt to resemble ‘suspenders’ and using plaid for the entire back of a black vest are very nice features.

When it comes to showmanship and presentation of their clothes, Dean and Dan are the best in the business. This time, the show is set against an ingenious backdrop of fire escapes, old taverns and even an actual snowfall. Very theatrical.

I will be looking forward to seeing the clothes in real in 6 months time.

No comments: