Friday 15 May 2009

The Material Boy #282


Ermenegildo Zegna Sunglasses In Acetate And Natural Wood

Tonight, after collecting my dry cleaning in Orchard Road after work, I did my rounds of 'blog research':-) I want to see what brands are starting their end of season sales. I was not disappointed, the first phrase of summer sales has begun. As usual, Salvatore Ferragamo is one of the brands who always starts their sales first. Aigner, Ralph Lauren, Energie, Gap, Topshop have also join in the the markdowns.

However, nothing caught my eye with these brands. What did was this pair of absolutely gorgeous sunglasses from Ermenegildo Zegna. I never expect I will like anything from this brand since their designs are always very classic and out of synch with my style. But I love these shades. What makes it special is the design which utilises a bi-coloured acetate front and most interestingly natural wood temples! The one I saw prominently displayed in the store window was this pair in khaki-beige and moor oak wood. It was very exquisitely crafted. How classy and quirky when plastic is juxtapose with such fine wood temples. Wonder if these will go on sale. I would snap these up in a heartbeat. Will see if I can find out the price tag tomorrow.

Source: Ermenegildo Zegna

4 comments:

Kenny L said...

it looks awesome on the window display but after i tried it, i feel that the unique colour doesnt suit asian skin tone :-(

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

what does not work for one might work for another:-) Keep an open mind in fashion. It's all about the look for yourself.:-P

p76 said...

whats the price kevin did you check out? i hope it;s not like astronomical? :)

btw, do you know salvatore ferragomo
sales started? saw many ppl at the paragon outlet. most men shoes r on 30++% off. if u like their stuffs do take a peek :)

p76 said...

whats the price kevin did you check out? i hope it;s not like astronomical? :)

btw, do you know salvatore ferragomo
sales started? saw many ppl at the paragon outlet. most men shoes r on 30++% off. if u like their stuffs do take a peek :)