Wednesday 30 September 2009

Kevin Goes To Burberry #13



Below: The queues outside the after party venue...which is the new Burberry global headquarters, Horseferry House. Impressive building!


Below: The knight symbol signage at the entrance, unmistakably Burberry!


Below: Every bit of detail was taken care of at the party too...even up till the lighting effects, which is also in the form of the Burberry checks pattern!



Below: Emma Watson lounging at the VIP area...I was lucky to have snap this pic before i got stopped by security!


Below: Christopher Bailey looking dashing in white. I truly regret not getting a pic with him when I am so close!



Below: The king and queen of 'street fashion' photo blog... the ever inspiring Sartorialist and Garance Doré!


Below: Lily Donaldson still looking gorgeous despite the 'merciless' flash which can expose all flaws! Model are 'special beings', they always look good no matter what...



Below: A huge turnout and I am sure lots of drinks flow thru the evening...



Below: Blogging suite for bloggers to have first hand coverage of the event and show...



It's Party Time!

Phew, finally after a 10 hour flight I have landed in Bangkok. Reached my hotel at around 7am. Am staying at the Tenface Hotel again for it's apartment style living and roomy interiors. But I was kinda disappointed when they mentioned a half day charge will be imposed as usual check-in time is 12pm. I know I have arrived much earlier but since they can accommodate me checking in early last year when I was here under the same circumstances, I wonder why this time they cannot. So I am not exactly pleased, since my London hotel graciously lets me into my room at around the same time. So perhaps I will have reservations from now on with the hotel, maybe there will not be repeat stays anymore:-) since they are so inflexible.

But off with my 'complain'...on with the long overdue pics from Burberry's after party on 21 Sep 2009! Was a fun evening, especially hanging out with my fellow blogger friends (u guys know who!) and 'stalking' famous celebs and fashion idols! Hehe.

My proudest moment that night was to be able to get a priceless snapshot with Carine Roitfeld. She is the best, great sense of style and a personality to match. Next is another of my idol, Mr Scott Schuman of Sartorialist fame and his girlfriend, equally talented Garance Doré. They were very happy when I told them they have been true inspirations! They happily took a pic with me:-) And last but not least, I had a face to face with top model, Lily Donaldson. I was getting out of one section of the venue and she heading in...and I screamed, "You are Lily Donaldson! I am a huge fan!". She wore a metallic silver jacket from Burberry and was looking impeccable.

Of course, other highlights including standing so close to Mr Christopher Bailey. I regret not having the guts to approach him for a pic. He's one of my most wanted idol to have a picture taken with now!:-P Next time, I hope! And then there is Emma Watson who was just one head beside me as I walked past her. Such a beautiful girl. Last but not least, Maggie Chung, Mary Kate Olsen and Anna Wintour...all left an incredible encounter for the event. Never have I thought I will see these much 'talked about' famous stars face to face.

The party was a blast. Burberry knows how to throw a mega fun party. Everyone had a great time and drinks was flowing...delicious food were served as does incredible music spun by Alexa Chung and Agyness Deyn. What a fantastic night!

Many thanks to Burberry. And I even had the utmost pleasure to snag a shot with the PR person at Burberry who made all of this happen:-) Thank you Miles:-) Hope I did justice with all my coverage of the event and the show.

Enjoy the pics...

I will be basking away in Bangkok sunshine and a massage to follow to soothe these tired legs. Close to home but not yet.:-) Holidays are always hard to let go.

All pics taken by myMANybags

10 comments:

LuxuryObsessed.com said...

Thank you for the fabulous photos. You look great! At least we got a sneak peak. Congratulations on a fabulous London Fashion Week!

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

Thanks Sean:-)

It's been an experience. So now back to my usual rantings about 'confessionsmof a shopaholic' which is what I do best:-P Hehehe.

Anonymous said...

memorable experience indeed! thanks for sharing these priceless photos!

i heart joe's pants! and is that BB i see over there? just wondering. hehe.

oh fudge said...

you look great, Kev :-)

I agree. Joe's pants are awesome!

QUIETLYLOUD said...

Great pics..Like a jigsaw puzzle...have to piece them together to figure out what you look like lol!! I see someone has been drinking hehe..great coverage of the event :)

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

yes, Quietlyloud, I am not exactly the best candidate to have alcohol...I flush red in a heartbeat. Oops...

thanks guys! Glad you guys like the pics.

Kevin

SE@N said...

how long will u be in BKK?

iputu said...

I envy you with Lily, how's she like? Bloggers getting more important parts in fashion industry, someday you'll rub shoulders with Carine at the front row :)Thanks for the up to date info & I feel like the insider. Those mags have to watch out, they may soon a bit late, one thing, improve your paparazzi skill, may be a new camera? :D

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

Hey Sean,

will be in BKK till Sat:-) let me know if you fancy a coffee meetup.

Kevin:-P

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

Thanks Iputu. Yeah, my camera is long overdue for an upgrade. hehe.