Tuesday 20 March 2012

The Material Boy #526


Below: Lanvin SS2012 Leather Derby Lace-ups with displaced shoe laces... my new shoe lust!

New Shoe Obsession: Lanvin Derby Lace-ups With Displaced Shoe Laces

Burberry Prorsum's woven leather cork sole shoes
and Prada's rhinestone studded golf shoes may have been the most eye-catching and coveted mens shoe this SS2012, but I fear my interest in them has waned. So many people now own them and the feeling of novelty is no longer as strong. So I am turning my shoe obsession to these Lanvin Derby Lace-ups with a deliberate displaced shoe laces 'randomly' tied on the side. Messy in a planned way... creating a raw effect that exemplifies the idea of beauty in imperfection. Something Lanvin has been propagating all along. Just look at all the raw seams and unfinished details on their ready to wear, that made Lanvin unique and different from the rest of the menswear brands.

The soles of these shoes also spot a trompe l'oeil effect, creating the illusion of a heeled sole if you observe closely. They will go so well with that amazing Lanvin peak-shoulder pinstripe blazer (£1,863.59) and skinny leg Olive green cotton twill biker trousers (£298.71) from Mr Porter! Love the look:-P

Below: This look with Lanvin's peak shoulder pinstripe blazer and olive green skinny leg biker trousers will go so well with these unique shoes... I want this look!

Luisaviaroma stocks the shoes for 631.82.

More pics on my facebook fanpage. 'LIKE' my fanpage if you enjoy reading this post.

Source: Luisaviaroma, Mr Porter

No comments: