Sunday 6 December 2009

My Bag Collection #52


Below: Remember this?!?!? Finally, time to reveal my September Paris Givenchy purchase... I miss Paris!



Below: Givenchy, Givenchy...


Below: Peek-a-boo...!


Below: Finally the Givenchy Pandora Bag is mine! I chose the nutmeg coloured distressed wrinkled leather. The texture makes the bag acquire as much personality as the unique 'boxy' shape...


Below: The boxy shape holds when you have more contents in the bag, but will slouch and collapse when filled up less:-)


Below: Back of the bag...


Below: Lined in black cotton fabric, with an internal zip pocket and 2 open pockets for mobile phone or wallets...


Below: I am especially liking the huge shoulder strap brass hook, adds more bling!


Below: Front magnetic snap button pocket for small items...


Below: Zipper pull is nice too:-) as does the cut out Givenchy logo...


Below: 4 ways to carry the bag... arm sling by top handle...


Below: Hand carry by top handle...


Below: Shoulder sling with top handle...


Below: But my favourite is when carried with the shoulder strap...:-P


Givenchy Medium Pandora Bag

It's been a while that I have done a post in 'My Bag Collection' category. Not that I have not acquired new members for my 'bag harem', I was just too lazy to take pics and post it. But since I feel rejuvenated after a 3 hour nap this late afternoon, I thought should catch up on some long overdue bag reveal post from my long past holiday in London and Paris.

So without further ado, introducing my (not the newest as of yesterday:-P) member to my 'bag harem'. A chic 'french beauty' from the house one of the most highly regarded brands of the moment, Givenchy...the very peculiar shaped Pandora Bag in matte wrinkled leather! I love the name, it already evokes a sense of certain allure and curiosity upon first hearing it. I have always been a fan of this 'strange' bag (since I blog about quite a few times). I am attracted to the uniquely shaped silhouette that is almost angular and boxy in construction, but due to the soft leather, the bag collapses and slouch to attain an easy carefree style. However, when filled up, attains back it's angular design. The distressed nutmeg brown wrinkled leather is a good colour to work with many outfit styles. Jeans, blazers, shorts...the possibilities are endless. Gold brass hardware, especially the chunky shoulder strap hooks gives the bag a glamour boost too. The best part of the bag however, is the 4 ways of carrying the bag...shoulder strap sling, arm sling, shoulder sling or hand carry. Dun you love options:-P

Of course, the shopping experience in an actual Givenchy boutique in Paris adds to the pride and joy of owning this bag. I am a fan of the Givenchy store space and the lovely SA that chatted me up. Have taken this bag out for 2 spins already and can't wait to use it more often.

Say hi to my Givenchy Pandora bag when you spot 'her'!

Retail price: €1090. Where to buy: Givenchy Boutique at Rue Du Faubourg St Honore, Paris

35 comments:

oh fudge said...

cute bag! :-)

so who took your pic at the Givenchy store? hehe

Shane B said...

Congrats! The bag is so you. Didn't you have a YSL besace bag similar to this one?

Anonymous said...

wow! i love brown wrinkled leather! reminds me of Prada... but what catches my attention is that thing you hold in your hand! is that a blackberry? i'm addicted lol! completley off topic sorry!
bye
Andrew

frank said...

how come you hide your face??

Ian. H ;-) said...

OMGosh...Arrgh, I LOVE IT (esp. since u bought it in a Parisian GIVENCHY boutique;-)

Congrats on ur new addition!

Michael St. James said...

I like it best when carried with the shoulder strap too! It's a beautiful bag!

www.bagpoor.com

Bamberio said...

It looks great on you Kevin. Congrats on a brilliant bag!

M said...

Finally!
I've seen it before, but it looks even better on you. Gotta remake my wishlist now... :-)

Ttttttttttttt said...

Congrats!!! I love the pics in the changing room.

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

Alla, the SA named Sandra took my pic as requested by me:-P

Thanks guys, it's a fabulous bag with beautiful leather, I agree with Andrew, it looks like the 'paper wrinkle' range from Prada.

One more thing that is good about the bag is it is so light, which I love! Does not burden you too much:-P

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

Oh Andrew, that's a Nokia E71 mobile phone.

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

Oh Shane, the YSL Besace is so different from this. YSL besace has not structure or corners.:-P

Bagaholicboy said...

Good call, very interesting indeed. Just want to know, is it the type of bag that gapes wide open if it is not zipped up properly?

uclaboi said...

Finally! Gorgeous addition.

freshmess said...

I love the textured look on the bag and the color choice is excellent. Congrats Kev!

LuxuryObsessed.com said...

Gorgeous! Congratulations. I love that bag.

Ibbie said...

honestly didnt like it that much at first glimpse but hey~ u've shown me how wrong i was~ i love how bags can be carry in different ways <3 and the colour work so well with it ~~would be the choice for everyday bag :)

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

Cool Ibbie, glad I can help change your opinion. It's a really lovely bag. The shape is so unique, have never seen it anywhere.

it is also light, so that makes it great for daily use. The distressed effect on the leather makes the bag easy to maintain. The more distressed it is, the better it looks!:-P Size is perfect and not cumbersome. it can collapse to look smaller when not filled up, but can hold a lot when fully 'expanded':-P

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

Hi Alvin,

Okay for me with the bag:-) unless you put in A lot of weight in the bag, but I face no such problems:-P

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

So many typos for my comments...

this is why multi-tasking is not good. Typing while working...hahaha

Anonymous said...

wow!! congrats... you finally bought something nice!! :)

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

@Anonymous... OUCH! Sarcasm sweetened with a compliment:-P

Anonymous said...

hi kevin, do you know where i can buy the bag in singapore. There doesn't seem to be any place that sells givenchy. SOBS.

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

The Pandora bag is sold in On Pedder store in Ngee Ann City. But they seem to only have the small size and in pebbled lamb skin in pastel tones.

agrasshopper said...

This is a GREAT bag! I never knew Givenchy made such nice bags. I guess I need to do more exploring. That's why I love your blog....once again, great choice!

KANGUA said...

smart.i have seen it before in you blog but i had no interest in it since you actually wore it.it in my wishlist now

Deney said...

i know im diggin up an old thread but i just picked mine up yesterday.. early bday present that i couldn't say no to..

Anonymous said...

quick question! can you tell me if the bag zipper is YKK? it should say it on the side of the zipper head

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

Yes, It's YKK

Shirley said...

Hi Kevin, I have been hunting this bag online and have found some available. But I can't decide on the size, yours look 'just nice', whereas the medium pandora which I am eyeing online is 8.5" X 11.5" X 6.5", which I think is a bit too small. May I know the measurements of your beautiful Pandora please?

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

Hi Shirley, that's the dimension for the small Pandora bag.

Mine's the medium version which measures almost 40cm width:-P So it is perfect to be roomy while not cumbersome.

Q said...

I am totally in love with it! I'm thinking my boyfriend needs to buy me this bag for christmas. :p

It's roomy enough for a lap top and some books, right? I've been eyeing the small one as well, but I'm guessing the medium will be more practical.

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

Sunniva,

The Pandora is a fab bag! Glad you like it too. And it is easy t use, matches almost anything, dress up or down.

However, do note that the bag is not exactly the very sturdy structured design, so I doubt it can take the weight of a laptop. Perhaps a netbook.

Do bear that in mind so you do not damaged the bag:-)

Ask the staff at the store for more details.

Hope your xmas wish come true!

Boyfriend, read this, okay!?!?!? haha

gpc said...

Kevin, are you still loving your Pandora? It is gorgeous. I have loved this style for so long. Returned two Nightingales. Eventhough they were gorgeous, they just didn't do "it" for me. My SA at Saks found the medium Pandora in the pebbled black leather, but the handles (shoulder and cross body) are croc-embossed (a brownish/black color). I love the contrast and am seriously considering taking the plunge. BTW, just recently found your blog and it is FAB! gpc

summer said...

OMG, I'm just falling in love with this bag....you just help me figure it out that I should get it!!!

Anyway, Do you know what is the season of this bag.....

LOVE YOUR STYLE!!