Friday 6 April 2012

My Shopping Conquest #128


Below: Finally Miansai bracelets are now available in Singapore! I am the romance of the sea and this Miansai Utility Rope Anchor bracelet gives me a sense of sea faring adventures:-) Great for stacking with other bracelets too:-) Found this at Maison Ikkoku in Singapore, an eclectic Japanese inspired store/cafe/bar in Kandahar street around Arab street area...
Below: Mr Porter stocks these bracelets (from £50) too... I had wanted one ever since I first spotted them at Mr Porter's site...

Spotted In Singapore: Miansai's Utility Rope Anchor Bracelet

Yesterday, me and a few friends (including Bagaholicboy) decided to give glitzy Orchard Road a breather and explore a new enclave of shopping destination in Singapore. Thanks to Alvin's suggestion that we head down to the eclectic district of Haji Lane to check out all the interesting small shops by creative local entrepreneurs... from boutiques, cafes, bars and some quirky retail hideouts.

One of the shops we must visit is Maison Ikkoku... a Japanese inspired Menswear store cum cafe and bar. This is one of the most refreshing experiences to be had in terms of local shopping. I love the rustic, loft like decor of the entire place, using utilitarian furnishings such as copper pipes as lights, hooks as hangers and cast iron rods as shelfing. Amazing!

But the best part of the exploration is that I found one of my most coveted accessories here... Miansai bracelets was love at first sight when I first spotted them at Mr Porter. Now Singapore stocks these and it's a must-have at pricings from SGD98 (silver hardware) to SGD 137 (gold hardware)! Adjustable to fit any wrists, you can be sure to find one to your liking. The colourful utility rope and metal anchor/hook hardware adds a nautical feel and injects sailing chic any day. From yellow to green to blue.... I had a hard time deciding.. but I finally settle for the grey and blue version which is most versatile to match anything.

Below: Stacking the bracelet with my Hermès Kelly Double Tour... they are a match made in heaven:-)
Pop by the store soon! You will not regret. Maison Ikkoku stocks Pierre Hardy, Orlebar Brown, Lad Musician, Yuketen shoes and many cult Japanese brands.

Below: Check out Maison Ikkoku... my new favourite store in Singapore!
If you are based out of Singapore, take comfort that Mr Porter stocks these in many colours too!

Check out the blue, green and even leather versions here. (Prices from an affordable £50.)

More pics on my facebook fanpage. 'LIKE' my fanpage if you enjoy reading this post.

Source: myMANybags, Mr Porter, Keropok Man

No comments: