Watch Fendi's new FW2014 Mens collection video... Drool over all the accessories!

Watch Fendi's new FW2014 Mens collection video... Drool over all the accessories!

Saturday, 17 November 2012

My Shopping Conquest #131 + My Shoe Collection #58 + My Bag Collection #69


Below: My Maison Martin Margiela with H&M shopping hauls...I chanced upon this supposedly sold out 'Jacket with Fused  details' today. Loving the Trompe L'oeil lapels, buttons and pockets!

Below: Tried the jacket with Prada's crazy guns printed shirt... love the combination:-P
The Story of My Maison Martin Margiela with H&M Shopping Hauls. Prada 'Cameo' Included

I never expected I would be shopping more than I should for Maison Martin Margiela with H&M collection that was launched just this Thurs. Looking at lookbook pictures is one thing, but observing the incredible detailing, finishing and material up close and personal takes my admiration to a whole new level. Of course, that is not to say this collaboration collection can surpass the actual Margiela brand... but at such good price points offered by H&M with these standards, this collection is a real keeper. By far, the best for H&M's designer collaborations.

I had commited to myself to only buy the 'Fusion of 2 shirts' as the trophy piece to invest for the Margiela with H&M collection. I wanted to rein myself in but things often have a way of going beyond expectations. So one thing leads to another and the fashion gods have their plans to decreed how my bank account will be depleted.

I got an XS size for the 'Fusion of 2 shirts' on Thurs but found the size way smaller than what my usual H&M XS sizes were. I was suffocating in the shirt and had no choice but to return the item for a refund today. As today is the deadline for returns for all purchases made on the launch day (H&M has a 3 day refund policy), if lady luck permits, some coveted pieces may find their way back to the racks. That is exactly what I had hoped for, in order to replace this 'loss'. I love the shirt and hence a replacement is paramount to ease the disappointment. Call that a 'shopaholic withdrawal syndrome':-P


Miraculously, the fashion gods must have took pity on my 'ailment' and granted me the chance to fill that 'micro size' void in my closet. I chanced upon another prized piece of the Maison Martin Margiela with H&M collection befitting the replacement for my returned shirt:-P Yes, I found the 'Jacket with fused details' which I regretted not buying on launch day! 

Bagaholicboy had been clamouring to me about the interesting trompe l'oeil details on the lapels, pockets and even buttons. I was not convinced then, but when I saw the real piece, it spelled Kevin right away. Furthermore, how fortunate can you get when a sold out piece miraculously appear in your size without you actively looking. The only question left: To buy or not to buy? A split second hesitation later,  I 'subcumbed' to fate. Made my way to the cashier and ended with more things than I was supposed to from the collection. Throw in another pair of shoes and my shopping day was declared a resounding success:-P  I left the store with a victorious grin. 

Below: I ended up with more Maison Martin Margiela with H&M pieces than I should have...


As ecstatic as I was,  I even went to Prada to try out the FW2012 guns print shirt (Justin O'Shea, buying director of mytheresa.com wore the shirt and got me inspired) with my new Margiela with H&M 'Jacket with Fused Details'. Happy Margiela indeed I am. Prada shirt is next on my wishlist:-) What a fruitful day of shopping adventures... 


More pics of my Maison Martin Margiela with H&M shopping finds on my facebook fanpage. 'LIKE' my fanpage if you enjoy reading this post.

Source: H&M, Guerreisms

No comments: