Saturday 23 February 2013

My Shoe Collection #59

Below: I got my statement shoe for Spring Summer 2013... welcome my Valentino Spring Summer 2013 Camouflage trainers:-)
 Below: I love the 'patchwork' leather and canvas camouflage pattern with square studs details on the back...
  
I Got My Statement Shoe For Spring Summer 2013: Valentino Camouflage Mens Trainers!

One of my buying strategies to acquire a 'trend and keep in budget' wardrobe is to get statement pieces of each season to mix and match with your basics. In this way, your old pieces gets a refresh and you stay on the forefront of trends for the season. Keeping this in mind, I finally got the new Valentino Mens Camouflage Trainers in Leather and Canvas. One of the most highly watched and coveted shoe for Spring Summer 2013... it has already made its streetstyle debut many times during fashion week season. Out of all the colour variants, this pair of pale blue and khaki green version was the most signature and representative for the much applauded Valentino SS2013 mens collection. Rapidly selling out online in many online stores, you do have to act fast if you want a pair in your size.

I got lucky today while shopping at Club 21 Mens Store in Singapore. Originally selling out way before they were displayed on the store shelves, it seemed someone must have forgetten about this pair or I was destined for it. The sizing surprisingly came at my size, one size smaller than what I usually wore. So it was definitely the fashion god's decree that I was to own a pair. (The chunky design and wider cut means I need a size smaller than my usual shoe size. The trainers retails for SGD890) I love the 'patchwork' treatment of leather over printed canvas to create the camouflage pattern. The row of square studs on the rear makes the shoe instantly recognisable as Valentino.

A glorious day to celebrate my shopping expedition. I even got to check out the matching Camouflage Tote in person. Gorgeous size and interesting leather and canvas construction that is military done luxe! (The tote retails for approx. SGD3300 at Club 21 Mens, Four Seasons Hotel)

Mr Porter stocks the same pair at £405. (Click here to purchase) Hurry before they sell out:-P

 Below: Matching camouflage tote bag if you are willing to splurge! Great size and colour:-)

Click here for more pics of my new Valentino SS2013 Mens Camouflage Trainers (with details close-ups) on my facebook fanpage. 'LIKE' my fanpage if you enjoy reading this post.

Source: Lee Oliveria, myMANybags

No comments: