Thursday, 21 February 2008

The Material Boy #16



Lanvin Suede High Cut Trainers With Copper Toe Caps

I am on the fence about this pair of trainers. By itself, I adore the design. Very interesting contrast of suede and mirrored copper leather on the toe caps. The combination of copper, grey, and beige colour is fresh. However, when I try to picture myself pairing this with my usual outfits, jeans, skinny pants and tees...it does not seem to work for me. Maybe I am wrong. The drawback of online shopping is that you cannot try out your potential purchases to make a decision whether it works for you in reality. So with a hefty price tag of UK 355 pounds, I am holding back the impulse to buy these. Furthurmore, the other pair of Lanvin Oxford Shoe I featured here is also making the decision hard(as I like that too). All in all...I am thinking this thru and my search for a pair of high tops continues...

Retail price: UK 355 pounds. Where to buy: www.brownsfashion.com

10 comments:

uclaboi said...

I so love this pair of sneakers. I wished these had ankle straps like last season's hi-tops, but I still like the bronze metallic toe.

Kevin said...

Indeed the bronze metallic captoe is the core appeal:-) I love this shoe but I am not sure it is for me. I think it looks great on guys who can pull it off!

shoe-holic said...

hey i wonder if this is marked down at Club21 currently. don't think isaw it the last time i was there.

Kevin said...

Oh, this is markdown during the sale. But only big sizes left. And I mean the super huge sizes. It probably sold out fast.

shoe-holic said...

Aww.... Kev you have you the same shoe size as me right? So none of them fitted you eh?

shoe-holic said...

so more shopping today? ;-)

Kevin said...

Oh, I did not try the hi tops. It's expensive, I think around SGD$1200 or something. So I did not dare. Too pricey. But when I saw the shoe on the shelf..it was a very big size. I presume it is size 10 or something. So I know it has run out of sizes. That was even before sale time.

Are you going to go club 21 to shop?:-P Tempted by Lanvin shoes?

No shopping today lah. I shop yesterday again. Got a YSL jeans material and suede tote bag.:-P 50% off!

shoe-holic said...

Well you asked... very tempted!!! But I am going to london next week so I keep I will find better treasures there. Haiz.. suffering from acute withdrawal symptoms. HELP!!! I want to BUY something today!

Kevin said...

I know how you feel. lol. It's a week away...so you make the decision...spend now or spend later in london:-)?

shopping is theraputic...until you get your credit card bills.:-( grrr...

Update when you get the lanvin shoes!:-P

shoe-holic said...

hey go online... got a secret to share with you. ;-)