Sunday 10 February 2008

My Shoe Collection #07



Neil Barrett/Puma Sneakers

A vintage inspired sneaker design by Neil Barrett for Puma. Designer collaborations with sports brands have tremendous success and can up the chic and (of course most importantly) price levels of items produced. Addidas has Yohji Yamamoto (Y3), Stella McCartney and Puma has Neil Barrett, Converse has John Varvatos...and more...

Nice leather trimings and fabric construction, cushioned interiors for comfort. Football studs sole. I love the colour combination. Very eye catching. From Neil Barrett many seasons ago, Spring Summer 2003. I have 'cold storage' the shoe for many years and only wore it today. Dun know why I did that. Perhaps I forgot about them or I just cannot find the outfit to wear them. Good news is good designs are timeless...and it looks just as chic now as it was in 2003.

Retail price: Approx. SGD $599. Where to buy: Club 21 Mens at Four Seasons Hotel

No comments: