Thursday 20 March 2008

The Material Boy #44



Louis Vuitton Trotteur Soana

I have not been a fan of Louis Vuitton since a long time back. The monograms were not fascinating me anymore and the man bag designs were somewhat too serious and conservative. So I had stopped paying attention to Louis Vuitton and move on to other brands.

However, since the introduction of soana leather range(distressed and crinkled kangaroo skin)...it got Louis Vuitton back on my 'bag radar' again. This range of bags with the crinkled leather has lots character and spunk! I miss out on the spring summer 2007 tote bag..which till this very day, I still miss it. That was one piece of bag candy that is both stylish and yet timeless in design, without any big LV branding.

This spring summer 2008 season, Soana leather is again being reinterpreted and it takes on new shapes and designs. Though not as appealing as spring summer 2007's range...but still nice enough to make me want them.

The Trotteur Soana is an ideal bag for travelling. It is a handy pouch size that slings across your shoulders for easy movement, keeping your hands free and just big enough to store the most essential items you need. 2 aged brass buckles secure the opening flap of the bag with matching brass studs to add to the detailing. One drawback is the buckles are troublesome to open and close the bag. Should use a magnetic closure system hidden behind the buckles. Nevertheless, still a great looking bag. I prefer the grey version:-)

Retail price: USD $1530. Where to buy: Louis Vuitton Boutique at Ngee Ann City

No comments: