Sunday 19 October 2008

The Material Boy #175




Louis Vuitton Tapage Bag Charm

Yes, I am in London...but I have not forgotten my 'shopping' duties for this blog. Even hundreds of miles apart from my homebase of Singapore, I am still in tune with the latest happenings in the land of retail temptation. Imagine my heart skipping a beat when I learnt of this new bag charm from the venerable Louis Vuitton. I absolutely adore the stylish design of this newly launched Louis Vuitton Tagage Bag Charm. Inspired by the perforated Mahina leather, this charm mixes different finishes of brass in the shape of the monogram flowers. I like the different textures of metal that comes all together nicely in either brass with golden or shiny Palladium or aged gold finishing. Perfect to dress up a bag and given it new inspiration and look. Definitely eye candy and will add a dash of glamour to your bags.

I am definitely going to source for this charm at the London Louis Vuitton stores. Hopefully they carry it. Costing a hefty UK 195 pounds, but with a good 17.5% vat refund, the charm will in the end cost just SGD $423 instead of SGD $580 if bought in Singapore. I hope I will find this in London, cos I really like it. The charm is iconic and yet not in your face. And the perforation and studded designs in contrast gold and silver on the monogram flowers are very unique and luxurious looking.

Retail price: SGD $580 (Singapore price), UK 195 pounds (UK price). Where to buy: Louis Vuitton Boutiques Worldwide.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm so goddamn jealous! help me look out for the price of the YSL rive gauche bag in black leather. thanksssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!

My Shopping Addiction said...

love it too !
do you plan to use it with non-LV bag ?

Fred

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

yes, absolutely Fred. it will look good with other bags for sure!

My Shopping Addiction said...

saw it in person at LV monaco and it's very great !

Fred

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

I will defnitely check it out at the london stores!

Bagaholicboy said...

Get it already! You will love it as much as I love mine!

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

I hope I can find it in London sice Jospeh mentioned the bond street store is closed for reno. Yikes! I love the charm!