Sunday 19 October 2008

The Material Boy #176






Mulberry Large Shimmy Bag

Ever since the launch of Mulberry's Maxi Mabel bag, I have yet to be fascinated with any of the new bag designs that came out of this English label. The 'drought' has lasted long enough and I am pleased to announce that the upcoming season, we will indeed be back on track with savoury bag designs from Mulberry. Presenting the new Shimmy range of bags from Mulberry. I simply love this large version of the new Mulberry Large Shimmy Bag. A large flat satchel type bag with extended leather handles and a removable woven cross-body shoulder strap to give you two ways to carry this new style. The simple design is highlighted with heavy gauge zippers and mirror finish hardware. It comes in 3 colours and 2 leathers, namely Taupe and Straw (Beige) in natural smooth leather in addition to purple in tumbled sheep. This is the kind of bag that offers effortlessly slouchy look with plenty of space to hold your belongings. I was in awe with Mr Ken Goh's bag in my recent trendspotting post. This bag is almost similar in the design. So this large shimmy bag will be tempting me when it is being launched in the near future. I will make a check in Mulberry's London stores to see if I can find it there and be among the first to carry this lovely bag. But I highly doubt it. Such a pity. I will be sure to leave my name at the Mulberry stores when I get back home. The taupe colour is my favourite as does the straw. I am so excited now. Bag target on alert!

Retail price: UK 895 pounds or SGD $2599. Where to buy: www.mulberry.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

im feeling the straw coloured Shimmy.

whats-he-wearing.com said...

mulberry is at new bond street, next to smythson and near D&G, emporio armani etc.

:D

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

Thanks for the heads up Joseph. I saw a Mulberry and also Emporio Armani boutique at brompton road as you head up to Harrods too!

Excellent. I wanna visit D&G.

And Mr Duck, yes, the Shimmy is a great bag! I can't wait!

Kevin:-P