Saturday 9 May 2009

Gender Bender #42






Louis Vuitton Limelight Clutch GM

I was re-watching Sex and The City Movie over the past 2 days, yes, it is a chick movie, but I enjoyed the show nonetheless. The movie embodies not just glamourous fashion and people, it also builds upon the theme of friendship and love.

Of course, all the witty dialogue which makes you laugh is very entertaining.

Beyond enjoying the storyline, I caught sight of Carrie carrying the very fabulous Louis Vuitton Limelight Clutch GM. In my clutch frenzy phrase now, I cannot help but slowly fallen in love with this 'huge purse'! Oh gosh, it's definitely understated glam, especially for the black one that I saw on Louis Vuitton's website. A guy can pull it off with the right look!

As these are limited edition, I wonder how tough it is to secure one now. Darn, I am a 'late' LV limited edition bloomer. Those graffiti pieces are kinda disappointing now...(for the time being in my books) since I see tonnes of those lying around the store. The novelty of owning them is greatly reduced. I would love to own this more limited edition Limelight clutch...simply beautiful!

Source: Louis Vuitton

Retail price: UK 835 pounds. Where to buy: Louis Vuitton

5 comments:

Bagaholicboy said...

I agree. Everytime I head to LV the SAs will ask me if I want one, and I always see the 'limited' bags all over the place. Limited yes, they just made loads more than usual...

hisyamalaysia said...

hey kevin,the clutch is nice!!awesome.but.is it suitable for a men??i wonder.any.have u post the Louis Vuitton backpack.the one that kanye west used.that bagpack is superfly!!it look so gangsta.i wonder how much is it.

SE@N said...

The 'limited' pre-recession was really "LIMITED," not like now. Also, LV releases ways too many collections in a year. Beside their main Spring and Fall collections, LV also has resort, pre-fall, and other collaborations (sprouse, sofia, murakami, etc.)
Kevin, I'd rather go for BALENCIAGA clutch (on the left) than this Limelight.

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

I think the black one is pretty okay...since it is understated. Like clutching a folder, except a bit more metrosexual:-)

And Sean,yes, Balenciaga ones are amazing..Love it! LV is too much collabs now. Some are more limited than others. This one may be scarce now since it is 2 winter seasons ago.

Anonymous said...

I have the silver Limelight GM and it's the one of the best gender bender bags I own! If you're thinking bout the clutches from Balenciaga, I find the Envelope way too small, try the Giant Handle instead. Best of luck!