Tuesday 21 July 2009

Great Minds Think Alike #10


Below: YSL's Fall Winter 2009 Printed Denim Jeans...



Below: D&G's Spring Summer 2010 Printed Denim Shorts...


YSL Fall Winter 2009 Printed Denim Trousers vs. D&G Spring Summer 2010 Printed Denim Shorts, Shirts and Sweaters

YSL's Fall Winter 2009
offering of Printed Denim Trousers got hidden under the fashion radar. D&G picked up the idea 'coincidentally (?!?!?)' for their Spring Summer 2010 collection?

Hmmm...I guess I will still go for D&G's since the cut is more flattering for me, but I will be one season late:-( sob...sob...

Source: Antonioli, Dolce & Gabbana

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I really enjoy your blog!

I find it interesting/(annoying maybe?) that all of a sudden trompe l'oeil printing is so popular with bigger fashion houses (YSL, D&G, Gucci), when MARGIELA did this FOR YEARS. I sort of don't get how it can be OK?? Perhaps it's homage?