Monday 6 July 2009

The Material Boy #300


Below: One of my wants for Fall Winter 2009...Love love the metallic effect on the jeans!


Below: There is an underlying blue colour amongst the creasing, very interesting effect...


Below: The model working the jeans...isn't it 'mean and lean'?!?!?


Gucci Skinny Metallic Granite And Dark Blue Jeans
(300th Want And Still Going...!)


It's the 300th post of The Material Boy...I fear the shopping lust will not stop since I am such a shopping fanatic. So the 'piece de resistance' worth mentioning on this 300th post is my much sought after Gucci Skinny Metallic Granite And Dark Blue Jean.

This highly 'bad boy + mean+ kickass' metallic jeans from Gucci is one of my wants for Fall Winter 2009 season. It has finally arrived at Neiman Marcus' website! Although I am unable to buy the jeans online (a hassle to ship internationally and also they do not stock my size), it is still a pleasure to find out the price. Thank goodness, Gucci did not charge 2 arms and 2 legs for the jeans. It is still within reach (barely, if I made it with 3 months of baked beans considering Singapore's inflated Gucci prices). So I am happy. I will have to check out the actual material and the fit to see if this pair of cool metallic jeans in Granite and Blue will warrant the price tag. (The Spring Summer 2009 skinny fit of Gucci was a joke. It was looser than my regular jeans and you probably can stuff 2 chickens inside.)

Beyond the price issue, the jeans pack an interesting treatment of the fabric. Love the metallic colour with creasing unveiling some blue underneath. Very unique. I wanna wear these tight and I mean seriously tighter and hit the clubs! Rock chic, here I come!

Retail price: US $635. Where to buy: www.neimanmarcus.com

15 comments:

Alternative Prince said...

Holy crap. This is the stuff dreams are made of!

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

Me LVoe!:-P

Anonymous said...

it looks so stereotypically and it give me the sense that you have a unusual taste been put to those typical gangsters.Well its just a conclusion though.Umm the shining effect give it that look.Its too heavy.

oh fudge said...

it looks very warm. are you sure you want to wear that in hot and humid singapore?

:-)

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

Well, it's for those special nights, Allan:-P Dress to impress kinda evenings:-P

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

Hey Anonymous,
Oh gosh, never knew I 'hire' you to be my fashion police?:-P especially coming from someone who leaves comments under anonymous, I'd say you can save your comments for yourself:-) U need it more than I do, I am very sure:-P You have your own taste, I am entitled to mine.

Unknown said...

i'm more intrigued by the shoes. they seem to reflect off some midnight blue and tan or orange tones. my eyes playing tricks or what?

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

Yes, Tom, that shoe is multi coloured. Kinda acid wash treatment, very rock and roll:-)

vanja said...

absolutely stunning.if i were 10 yrs younger i would get it.but it will look great on you for sure(the fit looks quite slim)

Alternative Prince said...

Eeeesh the price is still kinda steep. I hope I can find some affordable alternative pants like that. More affordable version would be April 77's glitter jeans.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I don't know if you have tried it yet, but you can call Neiman Marcus internatiol service and they will send it to you wherever you live, I did this when I wanted to buy Manolo's shoes! you can just try them at the boutique and then call to order them.

I hope this can help you!

Mr. Ciuffo said...

hey kevin, when i wanted something from neiman i called their internatiol service and they delivered it to me ( i live in italy) maybe you can try the jeans at the boutique and then order it from them!
hope i helped you.

LuxuryObsessed.com said...

Super Rock n Roll. Go for it!

LuxuryObsessed v2.0. said...

Yeah I'm gonna be an enabler and say GO FOR ITTTTTT

Unlikely You said...

These jeans are pure love. Cun wait to see a guy wear this in SG.