Saturday 17 October 2009

The Material Boy #336


Louis Vuitton 'Wardrobe And Trunks' Monogram Canvas Keys And Coin Pouch

It's been a while since I found anything Louis Vuitton that catches my eye. Last night while braving the crowds at the Ion Orchard's Grand Opening amidst Carrie Underwood singing live on stage, I managed to 'safely' land myself at Takashimaya, Ngee Ann City. While enroute to Kinokuniya bookstore for weekly brain food replenishment, I caught sight of a very cute Louis Vuitton Key Pouch hanging off an LV bag in the window display. My first reaction was that would look great embellishing travel bags and luggages. The theme of nostalgic voyages has always fascinate me. And the key pouch has vintage trunks labels (I love those nice classic fonts) as core design element, which entirely speaks to me:-) I could easily be absorbed into the romance of worldly travel by affluent gentlemen and ladies from yesteryears. Think Titanic:-P It would make a charming companion for your travel keepalls and also being handy to hold your small items or change.

I seldom fancy monogram patterns in its entirety, but this Louis Vuitton 'Wardrobe And Trunks' Monogram Canvas Keys And Coin Pouch gets my approval for stealing the limelight from the monogram background with its vintage inspired trunk labels, toning down the pattern visibly. One other key appeal is the very complimentary orangey brown colour ways that seem to match very well with the brown monogram canvas. It's classic and collectible. Surprisingly, it is also reasonably priced at US$270 which seem too gold to be true by LV standards. The other key pouch (Mini Pochette Patch Accessories) with these printed labels already costs more at around AUD $400!

Perhaps a nice little pre-x'mas present for myself:-P Tempting thought.

(PS. Just checked the SGD Pricing..it's $445! How inflated the pricing can be here:-( Yikes!)


Source: Louis Vuitton

Retail price: US$270. Where to buy: Louis Vuitton Ngee Ann City

No comments: