Saturday 5 December 2009

The Material Boy #350



Gucci Cruise 2010 Bamboo Horsebit Moccasins

Gucci's new cruise 2010 collection has been widely featured all over recent issues of Japanese men's magazines. I wonder why. But being one of the first few big luxury brand names to launch their cruise collection sure gets more attention:-)

Although I have blogged about the collection and have a lukewarm response, there are still some pieces which makes for a good investment pieces in any men's wardrobe. Classics are the best to stay relevant across all seasons:-P So this pair of Gucci Bamboo Horsebit Moccasins is just the shoe to fufill those (literally) shoes! Rather than tacky logos plastered all over, the shoe uses one of the house icons, the bamboo as a key design element. 2 metal horsebits secure the bamboo 'buckle' to the red and green web ribbon which reinforces the Gucci branding. I love the wooden bamboo element, it's unique and signature of Gucci without having to shout it. One of the versions of this shoe also spot a degrade effect on the brown leather, making it acquire a vintage finish and adding an air of sophistication. A gentlemen will definitely look expensive and suave in these!

Source: Gucci

Retail price: US $550. Where to buy: Gucci

4 comments:

oh fudge said...

I love the degrade one. looks like aged natural cowhide. very classy.

Anonymous said...

Same with Allan, I love the degrade pair. It's strikingly beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Any idea where I could order a Bottega Veneta Weekender/Document holder in Europe? Thanks!
alfienpaluu@gmail.com

gunmetal said...

Just saw this pair of shoes in KL (referring to the one with the degraded brown colour).

I'm afraid they look better on print then in real life. The leather had this tacky/ plasticky look to me. It did not really look luxurious to me. Perhaps under the right lighting conditions it will.

I like the bamboo bit but having it set against the light brown flap kinda cheapens the look.