Sunday 27 January 2008

The Material Boy #01




Okay...I shall start a new 'section' called The Material Boy, since this will be what I will babble about things I find interesting to buy. From Bags to shoes to clothes or whatever...

here goes my first 'The material boy' post:

Prada Bag and Shoes and Balenciaga (Spring 2008)

A new season, spring 2008, new bags to eye and oogle about. Was checking out the Prada store in praragon last weekend and saw the new range of spring 2008 man bags. I had wanted to find this bag from the runway show. But it seems the store carries a similar design (Zip closure at SGD $3350) without the top metal buckle clasp. I prefer the runway version as it is more unique. The SA whom I know was helpful to offer to check with their buyer if this design will arrive in the store. Sadly, it will not be. But fortunately, the cool 'open toe sneaker style sandals' will be! Keeping my credit card ready..as soon as the shoe arrives:-P This will probably be the closest subsititute to the high cut version from Balenciaga. Isn't that cool? Camel coloured and goes great with summer shorts. So sad Club 21 men ordered it, but Balenciaga cancelled their order. Darn! who can tell me where to buy these? Grrrr...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Prada Open toe "sneaker" sandles are in store. Arrived just 3 days ago. Bagged myself a pair today to complete my new look. Love it.

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

congrats! are you based in Singapore? I dun see the sneakers in singapore stores yet. I think I waited for too long for the shoes and got impatient. I went ahead to purchase online the open toe black high cut boots from Pierre Hardy yesterday. Send me pics of your prada shoes. I can do a post on the details here if you don't mind, so everyone can admire the good design!

Anonymous said...

I took some pics using the dingy camera on my phone so the quality ain't fantastic. If you don't mind, I can send it across. Let me know your email or IM nick.

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

Hello,

thanks for taking the pictures. It seems I have gotten myself a pair of the sandals as well! I got a call from the SA just now and I went to the Prada Store in Paragon to check it out. I reserved a pair of 7.5 while they help me to enquire if a pair of size 7 can be brought over for me. Seems someone bought the pair of size 7 in the colour I want. So if I cannot get the size 7, will still have the 7.5. Once I get the shoe, I will post pics! Are you the one with that pair of size 7? hahaha. (that is I assume you are from Singapore:-)

Anonymous said...

Yes I bought a pair of size 7 in brown with black in-sole. Not the one with a hint of purple. Sorry. ha ha. Yes I am from SGP. I got one of the SAs to bring in a belt for me too. Dang.. 1 size too big.

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

hahaha:-) I see 'competition'. :-) Just kidding. I love the shoe, looks brilliant. yeah, that is the same colour I was eyeing on.

hey, we should do a shopping trip to prada together when they get both our items into the store.:-)

Anonymous said...

In fact, I actually prefer the one that you posted on your blog. Navy/Purple lace with brown in-sole. That pair is perfection. Too bad they didn't bring it in here. I wanted the other sandal from the S/S '08 collection as well. But damn it I was too slow. Sizes all gone. Prada is almost becoming a FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods). Dang!

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

Indeed, all the designer goods are selling out faster than other cheaper merchandise. Prada only brings in their items in small quantities. The sandal we both just got only comes in one size, one piece. Hence, if one size ia sold out, there will be no more left. I actually thought the colour you have for the open toe sandal is a good combination, can match a lot of outfits. I hope it will work with my balenciaga balloon shorts and pants.

I know which sandal you are talking about. Next time, when you see something you like in prada, either buy it immediately or reserved it.:-)

good luck with the belt. Update me when you get the belt. :-) Happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

Kudos to the Material Boy!

Why did Balenciaga cancel Club21's order???

Well, in some way consider yourself lucky because Prada men's here in my city is nothing better but a bunch of black and brown shoes, classics, and styles that will just make you yawn. In short, nothing from the runway! haha

If I go Singapore bound, I definitely won't miss out on Club21. haha

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

I am not sure what is the reason for cancelling the balenciaga boots for club 21. perhaps, their order is not big. so if they cannot make it in time to deliver...they will cancel. such a pity! I love those boots.

Where are you based in? yes, club 21 is a not to be missed shopping destination in singapore!