Wednesday 6 August 2008

The Material Boy #135





Mulberry Roxanne Tote

Last sat, I did my usual rounds of shopping before my discovering of the Gucci 'mishap'. So while making the usual rounds, in the name of content research for this blog, I ventured into the Mulberry store at Hilton Hotel to see what new bags are released for the new fall winter season.

There was really nothing interesting that catches my eye this time round. It seems I am not getting a vibe from the bags from these recent months. I was almost about to leave the shop when my bag radar gives off a ''bag candy alert beep':-P. Well, this bag was the cause of the bag alert.

Introducing the Roxanne Tote in light natural leather. The Roxanne tote was a new addition to the staple family of Mulberry classic bags since Spring Summer 2008. The design of this bag is inspired by the iconic Roxanne bag. Both bags features exterior flap pockets and also a cross strap over the top opening. The tote bag is more unisex looking so it is made for both women and man. I was not a fan of the patent version as the shiny gold studs and hardware looks cheap. And is just too over the top and bling for a guy. But with this new version in light natural leather in basic hues of oak and chocolate, and also matte brass hardware, the tote becomes a pleasure to the eyes. Very roomy, light and multiple user friendly pockets. I also like the huge oval metal plague on the sides with engraved Mulberry logo.

(For guys and ladies who prefer smaller and more handy bags, this Roxanne tote is also available an A4 size version. Quite cute. But I only like big bags:-) Too much baggage for me?:-P)

The bag will set you back quite a bit of money. Hmmm..kinda pricey. But you pay for a full leather bag nonetheless.

Retail price: SGD $2499. Where to buy: Mulberry Boutique at Hilton Hotel

No comments: