Saturday 11 July 2009

The Material Boy #302

Below: Junya Watanabe's ingenious Spring Summer 2009 Men's reversible jacket...
now you see black blazer...


Below: next, it's a red biker jacket!


Below: Black blazer...


Below: and then blue biker jacket...2 looks for the price of one!


Junya Watanabe Spring Summer 2009 Reversible Blazers/Jackets

I really like these reversible jackets from Junya Watanabe's Spring Summer 2009 Menswear collection. There are several incarnations of his ingenious designs, but I like these blazers that reversed out into biker style jackets. Very unique. Often, reversible pieces are for change of colours or fabrics, but Junya took this a step further and you get 2 distinctively different styles in his version!

I cannot seem to find these at Club 21, even during start of the pre-sale. Whoever buys them anywhere, congrats! This is one investment piece that is fun and one of a kind!

Source: www.men.style.com

6 comments:

kim! said...

kevinnnnnn i love you so much! why dont you EVER show your face????? :( its not ugly is it :.( kimberly

oh fudge said...

I hope I find one in London.

These are LOVE. And I hope they fit me.

QUIETLYLOUD said...

HEy..were you by any chance at CK Tang today Men's department with some friends?

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

Hi Kim, hahaha...

well...soon enough...who knows:-)

And Allan, yeah, it's a good jacket...hope you find one in London!

And quietlyloud, no...not in tangs today:-)

uclaboi said...

I think I saw these pieces from Junya Watanabe at Hyatt Erawan Club 21 in Bangkok. Fun pieces.

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

Oh cool! But Bangkok's club 21 have even more inflated pricing....so it might not be such a bargain..one thing good, usually they will still be available:-)