Saturday 11 July 2009

My Shopping Conquest #79

Below: I am 'feeling' the vest lately:-P


Below: Love the colour and fabric on this Junya Watanabe Vest...



Below: Fall Winter 2009 DSquared2...love the match up of vest, shirt and jeans...



Below: or even a sweat shirt as seen on this D2 model...


Below: One my my favourite Fall Winter 2009 collections from Japanese label, Factotum with the vests and
checks shirt with ribbon at the neck...



Below: The 'vested' look as seen on Mihara Yasuhiro's fall winter 2009 collection too...


Below: Moschino's take on the vest for Fall Winter 2009...


Below: What sold me the 'vested' look...these D&G cowboys from Spring Summer 2010!
Love love love!



Junya Watanabe Deep Green Wool Pinstripe Vest

Lately I have been contemplating with the idea of the 'vested' look. For fall winter 2009 season, we see quite a handful of designers playing up the presence of this classic men's garment, but often making it more contemporary by juxtaposing with casual pieces (as seen on DSquared2 which paired the vest (waistcoat) with jeans or even sweat shirt). But what sold me the 'vested' look was D&G's Spring Summer 2010 Collection which sees 2 super cute modern 'cowboys' strutting down the catwalk in slim tight vest against jeans and plaid shirts. It's taking a classic garment and toughening it up which I love love love!:-) I do not think I will ever attempt the 3 piece suit ensemble, but these more casual combinations is definitely getting my interest.

So yesterday I went down to Club 21 to see if I can pick up a vest since it is 50% markdowns as of yesterday! (Hurry...time to bag some statement pieces at a bargain!) I had reserved a Junya Watanabe Khaki Coloured vest, which was a matching piece to another Junya Watanabe jacket I bought recently. But the size left was a medium and did not fit me. Instead, I picked up another more classic version which is this equally beautiful Junya Watanabe Deep Green Wool Pinstripe Vest. Immaculate slim cut, cropped and in an interesting deep green colour (quite unconventional and looks almost dark grey at certain lighting) which will serve me just well in pulling off the vested look. Looking forward to wearing this for sure:-) At least I know I will not sweat like in sauna wearing this in Singapore!

Where to buy: Club 21 Mens at Four Seasons Hotel

4 comments:

LuxuryObsessed.com said...

Gorgeous. Congrats. You know Junya is one of my all time favorites.

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

I am beginning to take a liking for Japanese designs...their take on sartorial wear is somewhat interesting and different from western designers;-)

Love Junya! BTW, is he working for comme des garcon or this is his label? Cos the label tag on the vest says comme as well.

oh fudge said...

Sean loves his vest! haha

LuxuryObsessed.com said...

Junya Watanabe was a senior designer at CdG that Rei thought was so talented that she let him launch his own label under the CdG label. I hope this makes sense.

I found a similar vest in Grey/Red pinstripe that has a little lapel! So cute. It will be up on my blog soon.