Sunday 9 August 2009

My Shopping Conquest #84


Below: I've got mail from Italy!


Below: Luisaviaroma's blue box...


Below: Unwrapping time...



Below: Yes, it's here, finally...my Balmain distressed coated cotton biker jeans!


Below: Finally got it back from the tailor today...after some much needed 'nip and tuck'!


Below: The once 'fatty' jeans looking lean and 'skinny' now:-P


Below: Love the distressed coated cotton...looks like leather/suede...gorgeous effect!


Below: Comes with 4 zip pockets. I like the fact that the zipper pulls are
different from conventional jeans...


Below: Balmain cloth label at the back...


Below: Ribbed panel detailing on the knee...


Below: Distressed details...rips and slashes all over the jeans for a bad boy look...



Below: Ribbed panel detail on the back as well...


Below: Balmain's jeans as seen on model, Clément Chabernaud...


Below: Now I need some boots to go with the jeans!


Below: The women's version...super skinny and fitted. Very sexy!




Balmain Distressed Coated Cotton Biker Jeans


Balmain fever has hit an all time high for me:-) Today is the cumulation of the stress and exhilaration of my Balmainia:-)

So to cut the long story short...I was so smitten by Balmain's skinny, rock chic styles that I knew I had to own one of those killer looking jeans. I decided to pass up on Gucci's metallic jeans since I see more mileage from Balmain's ultra cool biker styles. And Gucci somehow does not sound as cool as Balmain which is much more exclusive and premium (the prices are a shocker and makes for great 'marketing news':-P)

Upon making my decision, I promptly placed my order on www.luisaviaroma.com, especially when all the size 29s are selling out like hot cakes. Lady luck was with me and the Balmain Black Distressed Coated Cotton Biker Jeans which I most covet was still in stock at my size. With one convenient click and magic Visa cards, I got my first pair of Balmain jeans!

However, there was a risk buying a new brand without trying the sizing. That is the down side of online shopping. My 'gamble' actually took a losing end. The jeans arrived within 3 days, and from enthusiasm to dismay, I found even at size 29, these Balmain jeans fit the girth of a 'hippopotamus' instead of a slim and trim 'Balmainista'.

After much contemplation on whether to return the jeans or resorting to my emergency backup solution, I chose the latter. These jeans are just too gorgeous to return and all it needs is a little 'nip and tuck' session by the experts to get it back to shape. I want my Balmain to be skinny like those in the women's range!

Thank goodness to my continued support of my beloved fashion store, Club 21. The very helpful, Madeline agreed to help me alter my jeans thru their tailors, since they are stocking the brand. Balmain jeans is expensive so I need the real experts to do the job. Club 21's tailor is one of the best miracle workers ever when it comes to alterations. Having said that, Madeline did mentioned that she had to check with the tailor first about the feasibility as I am trimming quite a bit and the jeans itself was of such intricate construction. I cross my fingers that there will be good news. Within hours, Madeline reverted back to me and happily told me the tailors can do the job as per my pinning. That was the greatest news and relief. I would feel so disappointed if I had to return the jeans.

Fast foward to today (a week later)...I got a message from Madeline that my jeans is ready for collection. Of course, I was so excited, wondering about the outcome of the alteration. I hurried down to Club 21...and to my delight and relief, my jeans turn out perfect! I was overwhelmingly happy that the magic touch of Club 21's tailor turned my oversized Balmain jeans into one that is slim and sexy. It was also remarkably devoid of evidence that it was ever altered. I marvelled at the skills of the tailor. Definitely money most well spent for clothing alterations:-P

Thank you Madeline! Good service is key to customer retention in this competitive retail environment of Singapore. I am sure I will be an even more loyal supporter of Club 21 after this experience:-P

If anyone is as keen on Balmain jeans as me, Club 21 mens at Four Seasons Hotel has received their shipment. This pair of black biker jeans are amongst the range available. But hurry, sizes are very limited. Grab it while you can! The jeans looks like leather and suede...but is in fact treated cotton. The effect is amazing and detailing divine!

Now I have to start sourcing for some black boots:-P and some bling to complete my 'Balmainia' look!

Source: Balmain, Luisaviaroma, Net-a-porter

19 comments:

Tom said...

Rock and roll! :-)

whats-he-wearing.com said...

balmainia!!!!
you should take a few pics of yourself in the jeans, it looks exquisite

freshmess said...

LOVE! I bet you look ultra sexy in them.

Ttttttttttttt said...

Beautiful story about ur Balmain's obsession. Congrats for ur new, exclusive,and gorgeous jeans!!!

LOGO BOY said...

they loook amazing. It's so hard to find a pair of jeans that actually look good dressed up or down. anyways love the jeans they look awesome.

Bagaholicboy said...

I want to see you wearing them!

clare83nce said...

GOSH!!!
I'm so so so envious of u Kevin!
Those r ridiculously priced Balmain!!
how much did u paid for this darling?

Monsieur AG said...

Awesome purchase~ glad you found a good tailor to alter it to your size

what is the true size of a 29 for balmain?

LuxuryObsessed.com said...

Congratulations. What a fabulous Balmain purchase. The best piece in the collection.

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

Thank you guys! I love the jeans especially after the nip and tuck. Balmain is suppose to be skinny!:-P

and Monsieur, I think the sizes run one size up. Like size 29 fits a size 30 in real. So if you want tighter fit, buy one size down.

Will do some modelling pics when I wear them! Wonder when...it's warm though...yikes.

Shane B said...

I was amazed by the tailoring and how cotton can be so chic and sleek! I highly recommend the balenciaga suede leather boots from this A/F to go with this jean. YOU ARE STUNNING!

Unknown said...

wow...love these Kevin. Congrats..Can't wait for modeling photos.

Michael St. James said...

Lucky you! These jeans are so HAWT!

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

thanks again guys! glad you guys like them too:-)

Balmain is hot!

Kevin

Judi said...

Bea-utiful!
Do they have an inspired piece or anythg?
Really love it, but 2kSGD is way beyond my range.

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

Hi Judi, the men's version is cheaper:-) not 2k.

uclaboi said...

Action shots please! You'll look HOT in them!

brieuc75 said...

you've got the black... i've got the blue!

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

Hurray! You wear that when we meet:-P

hehehe