Friday 2 April 2010

The Material Boy #383


Below: An innovative shoe design from Mihara Yasuhiro. Browns Fashion stocks this in brown colour while you can find the black version at Club 21 Mens, Singapore...


Below: I love the leather strap being able to wrap around the ankles for a unique look when wearing shorts or cropped pants...




Below: As seen on the model on the runway of the Mihara Yasuhiro Spring Summer 2010 Men's Show...



Mihara Yasuhiro Ankle Strap Backless Lace-ups

At last, I found pics of one of my most favoured shoes for the season. Ever since I spotted them in Club 21 Mens at Four Seasons Hotel Singapore, I have been so tempted to buy these. But due to restricted budgets I have set myself, this pair of lace-ups is still on my wishlist. I am just waiting for the right time to make my 'wishes' come true.

If you live outside of Singapore, grab your hands on them from Browns Fashion, who is an exclusive retailer for Mihara Yasuhiro in UK, but they do ship international.

I love the leather strap wrapping around the ankles when worn, adds a unique look and works exceptionally well with shorts or rolled up pants. A hybrid between lace-ups and sandals (with the missing back part of the shoe), it takes you from casual to formal occassions with ease:-) I also love the deliberate washed effect on the leather which adds to the character. Definitely indifferent. The only setback, perhaps is the shoes do not look great under regular length pants or jeans. You must be ready to expose your ankles for the look to work. But here in Singapore, wearing shorts is so normal, this should not be a problem.

Retail price: £550. Where to buy: Browns Fashion

4 comments:

we could grow up 2gether said...

i once spent a fortune on a pair of mihara boots. they are made like sculptures. totally worth every penny

ryan said...

I really want this shoes so badly, please give me one Kevin! LoL

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

Hahaha, Ryan:-) Well, alternatively you can rely on the use of your magic visa cards!

It works all the time!

Hehe

And Kwannam, indeed Mihara shoes are a work of art! I love his designs. Always innovative and different:-)

ryan said...

Hahaha, if I used my visa card for this one, my dad would torn my card, because he always pay for it and I've just shopped with that card last week :D