Saturday 3 April 2010

My Shopping Conquest #101


Below: A Saturday of 'orange' delights!


Below: I am still fascinated by the ribbon tying of Hermès!


Below: Unwrapping time!


Below: Another belt to add to my Hermès collection!


Below: The leather belt in an 'unusual' combination of box calfskin in Bleu Abysse on one side...


Below: and the common black colour in togo leather! No duplicates of colours and textures for my Hermès belts:-) I am delighted!


Below: Love the texture version of black colour...


Below: Peekaboo...Something gold and bling!


Below: I got the gold colour for the Sydney Buckle!



Below: Hermès branded subtly on the flipside...


Below: I love the very regal combination of Bleu Abysse and Gold... hurray for Sydney Buckle!


Below: The 'silver brother' saying hello to the 'gold sister':-P


Hermès Sydney Buckle With 24mm Reversible Leather Belt In Chocolate Calfskin/Red Garance Togo Calfskin

After my reveal of my Hermès Sydney Buckle Belt in Palladium Plated Silver (bought last December), I was contemplating over the possibility of adding the gold version to my belt 'arsenal':-P Especially after seeing Balmain's gold driven Fall Winter 2010 collection which I feel will work with some Hermès Gold to accentuate the rock glamour look. So I decided to try my luck in the finding the Gold Sydney Buckle in Hermès Store at Liat Towers. Usually I am not lucky finding anything Hermès I want locally, so I was not having too high hopes. To my surprise, lady luck seems to work in my favour. I got friendly service for a change and even located the item I want! My call was picked up by Susan and this helpful and friendly lady did an inventory check before telling me the good news of the availability of the Gold Sydney Buckle. She even called me back to furnish me with information on the leather belt colour options available in my size. Although, my first choice of Raisin and Black colour was not in stock, I managed to find an equally good colour combination of interesting Bleu Abysse and Black! The Hermès shopping gods truly wanted my 'tribute'. So I reserved the pieces and went down today to bring home my new babies!

Susan was off today and I had to deal with a 'constipated' and poor attitude SA. I was not too surprised by his lack of enthusiasm, as was expected of Hermès stores in Singapore. But I was not going to put up with his aloof attitude. I made him answer my questions and follow my instructions, afterall I am the customer. Arrogant service staff in shops like these must be shown who is the boss. Sorry I may sound harsh but poor attitude begets poor attitude. And to pay top dollar in a reputable luxury shop, I deserve my fair share of good service.

I was pleasantly surprised that the belt of Bleu Abysse and Black came in a leather combination that was most unusual. It is typical of Hermès belts to have the basic colours like black and brown in box calfskin while the more vibrant colours in togo calfskin. This version which I acquired is the reverse. Instead, the gorgeous Bleu Abysse (Navy) came in smooth box calfskin and the black colour in textured togo calfskin. I was delighted. Black is the easiest colour to get a duplicate in your collection. But for me, I now have 2 versions of the black colour in different textures and hence, no repeat of colours even after I had own several Hermès belts! This is a real accomplishment which I am very proud of:-P

Of course, before commiting to the purchase, I instructed the snobbish SA to track down other colour choices in another Hermès store. I am not going to take his simple 'only colour left' answer without him making an effort to check on the inventory system. Even though I had already wanted the one I am holding, I still want to make him do some work. The other store had one in similar colour, so I gladly take the one I am holding. And I also ask a lot of questions just to make him realise who's the customer. SA with attitudes deserves to do more work:-P

The gold Sydney buckle look absolutely regal when matched with the smart 'Navy' Bleu Abysse. Navy and gold are always an endearing combination of sophistication. I can work it with my navy blazer with gold buttons. I can also use the black texture togo leather side for some visual contrast when needed:-) Finally a day of successful Hermès shopping in Singapore for a change. Hope this luck will continue!

(Last note, prices have increased $20 for the belt buckle and $10 for the leather belt)

Price (In Singapore): SGD $570 for Sydney Buckle, SGD$590 for Leather belt

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have put a quite a lot of money in two belts. But it's Hermès. :)

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

In a way...but spread over many months... so not that bad. the belt lasts a lifetime if you take care of it and will not go out of style:-) And I did return some purchases, so this is okay:)

Anonymous said...

oh, ok. :) what did you get from N-a-P?

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

NAP is pending... whether if I get it back or not...

Ali said...

Kev - Up till now, I can never understand those snobbish attitude of some SAs. Pretty much clear isn't it who is the boss here? Hermes never set out to belong to only an elite group, neither does it discriminate any of their potential customers. In Paris if ever anyone is treated as such, you can be rest assured-the attending SA will lose his/her job! Hermes will never tolerate such nonsense! It is demeaning to tho their brand and what they stand for. Even Oprah Winfrey was not given any preferred treatment in Paris..imagine that!

ryanisjoe said...

Oh I really love this belt and the sydney buckle belt is too hot! I'll still wear it even when I sleep if I have one! Lol

hightea_xx said...

lovelyyyy! blue + gold = amazing combination. I think this was the best choice!

also, snobby sales associates are terrible. i've had similar experiences, and it totally turned me off. like you said, why should i spend my hard earned money in ridiculous amounts if all i'm going to get is a poor attitude?

Anonymous said...

Dear Kevin,

Wise buys. Hermes are keepers. Sorry for your horrible ordeal.
We thought that Hermes might have learned from the Oprah incident. Who knew?

cactus

SE@N said...

wait a minutes, TWO ?????? I'm envy...

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

Thank you everyone... did I mentioned on my way out the store, that SA did not even say goodbye but was more concerned about the belts I have touched on my way out, busy reaaranging them. What a turnoff...:-P This is the kind of service we get here in Hermès, generally... we need more customers to teach them the values of good service!

Anonymous said...

I am concerned. Please write to Hermes Singapore and enclose a link to your blog. Also your net traffic quantity. The diva sales assistant's name too or description if you can. He may lose his job...

cactus

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

Hi Cactus, thanks for your concern.

Perhaps next time, I will speak to the store manager if this kinda of service situation occurs. For now, I think I will leave it as it is. Hope somehow, word gets to them and they improve on the service.

If other brands can do good service, like Prada or LV, then I am sure Hermes will be able to achieve the same:-)

Thanks for your support of my case here.

Have a great weekend!

Kevin

freshmess said...

You're on Hermes roll, Kev. Congrats! I'm loving the textured togo calfskin. Love love love! That buckle is gorgeous!

jy88 said...

wow! im envy, 2 Hermes belts! kevin, i can't help but to wonder how u manage your financial, any secrets like investments, mind to advise? i wish i could be like you ^^

Kevin @ myMANybags said...

Simple... work hard and reap the results of your hardwork. I work for my $$$....so nothing to be envious. Study well, and excel in what you do, all will go your way. There is nothing in the world that you get for free:-P

Anonymous said...

LOCAL SA SHOULD LEARN FROM THE JAPANESE !!!!