Sunday 1 June 2014

5 Spring Summer 2014 Bags To Stake Out For During Sales

Below: With sale season starting for some brands and coming for others... it's time to plan what to buy! Here's my 5 picks I will be considering and staking out for when markdowns happens!:-P
Spring Summer 2014 End Of Season Sales Planning: 5 Bags To Stake Out For During Sales

With Spring Summer 2014 Fashion Season coming to its end... End of Season sales have already started for some brands and more to come over the next weeks.

So what are you planning to buy this time round? It does help to do some research and planning before hand so you end up with purchases not on impulse but on budget and according to plan.

My #1 rule for sale shopping... never buy anything you would not pay full price for even if it is super cheap. Buying because of steep discounts usually end up with regrets and you end up with a white elephant that will collect dust over the years. I learned this hard truth from years of sale shopping, and even an expert shopper like me, I do succumb to the lure of big markdowns.

Here’s my top 5 picks I will be staking out for. I chose them because I am feeling the prints and colours this Spring Summer 2014. And these bags will still be relevant even after this season is over. Florals never disappear from fashion when summer season comes. Givenchy’s techno afro print is visually interesting to warrant as art, art never dies. Camo prints are classics when it comes to mens fashion. Bright single hued soft leather bags can always fit any tropical vacations.

1) Givenchy Tech-Print Backpack - US$1,125
(Available at Mr Porter. I forsee these will be snapped up as soon as markdowns begin. So start stalking the site. Tip: US site always have their sales first.:-P)

2) 3.1 Phillip Lim Medium Side Zip Duffle - Now on SALE at US$595 from US$850
(I love this bag because of the brightly hued floral print. And armed with an optional shoulder strap, this colourful bag is great to take with you on your summer getaways. What sealed the deal is the lightning bolt emblem which injects personality and fun! Available at www.3.1philliplim.com

3) Ami Floral Print Backpack - US$286 (SGD360)

Again florals done in complimentary hues in khaki tones are great to inject flower power without coming across as too feminine. I love the front pocket for a casual no frills bag to take anywhere. Available at www.matchesfashion.com

4) Mismo M/S Nordic Camo print shopper - US$345 (SGD435)

Camouflage print with colour? YES! YES! YES! Good size to use as a tote or shoulder sling. Mismo makes functional bags and now the camo print just takes the design to a new fun level. I will be talking this for sure! Available at www.matchesfashion.com

5) Burberry Prorsum The Little Duffle in Nappa Leather - Now on SALE at SGD715 from SGD1195

Brightly hued in soft nappa leather... this sling shoulder backpack is useful for casual days or in my opinion, a beach vacation bag. I would choose this bottle green colour for it’s tropical feel. Will always make you wanna take a vacation! Available at Burberry e-store.


Source: Ami, Mismo, Burberry Prorsum, 3.1Phillip Lim, Givenchy

No comments: