Saturday 13 September 2008

Gender Bender #29





Givenchy Large Shiny Leather Nightingale Bag In Dark Brown

Like I mentioned in my post about Givenchy yesterday, this is the bag I am talking about. The slouchy, roomy and very beautiful Nightingale Bag by Givenchy. Now being featured as a man bag in the Japanese Magazine Men's Non+No G. I am totally attracted to this bag. Love the shape especially. Kinda balloony but tapers to the base. The removable shoulder strap is a handy option. But what attracts me most is the Givenchy symbol cleverly used on the handles as a design element more so than a branding attempt. I also like this version with the distressed looking shiny leather. It is very chic! In such a huge and generous size, guys can work this bag easily. To be honest, this bag looks remotely girlish. It's more unisex than anything.

If the Japanese has taken onto this bag, I bet this will spark off ideas for the world to follow:-P

Available in On Peddler at Ngee Ann City (As my friend Mervyn mentioned to me:-) I got 'eyes' all over for bag intelligence! Hehe)

I do not know the SGD prices yet. Will update once I have info.

(Update 8 Dec 2008: This bag in black leather is now available in DFS Scottswalk. It retails for about SGD $3400. Pricey but very nice. One drawback is this bag weighs a tonne. Flex some muscles in the gym before you buy this bag:-P)

Retail price: US $1795. Where to buy: www.barneys.com

No comments: