Tuesday 10 November 2009

My MANy Bags Trendspotting #65


Below: This is one look I adore from SS2010... Trussardi Mens SS2010's denim shirt with bowtie and short shorts! (Don't you think it goes well with my YSL Mens Besace in Sand Coloured Suede?:-P)



Below: Love the idea of juxtaposing something is rodeo (Denim shirt) with something more formal (Bowtie) and then add a pair of ultra short shorts in the mix. Cool look for summer weather!



Below: Real men with denim shirt. The shirt now do not just belong to cowboys...




Below: Noah Mills flaunting a look from D&G's SS2010 runway...denim shirt and jeans



Below: Not exactly denim, but trompe o'leil effect of the denim print works just as well as the real thing too...buy buy buy!



Denim Shirts: Take Me To Rodeo Drive

Off with leopard prints! My next fashion obsession is what I once thought was sloppy work man's wear, namely the Denim shirt. It all started when I caught sight of one interesting look from the Trussardi Spring Summer 2010 men's runway. It is literally love at first sight, a must must look to achieve for next season. Or for that matter, any time of the year in hot Singapore.

Denim shirt with a big silk bow tie and a pair of sexy ultra short tailored shorts, matched impeccably with a pair of vintage washed pointy lace-ups. The look is a contradiction of moods, quite cool, a cross between dandy style and nonchalant casual-ness. Denim shirts are not entirely a new concept, it's been around for ages especially in cowboy ridden continents. Just that, the styling of this look resonates with me and is relevant to the weather here (ok, ok...the hot svelte model helps add major drooling too:-P).

Santa Santa, all I need for Christmas are a pair of those lean muscular legs to pull off those shorts:-P Now someone take me to Rodeo Drive please...I need to do some shopping!

Source: Trussardi, Sartorialist, D&G

3 comments:

Nico said...

Yep, Trussardi made it look gorgeous. I'm not into cowboy wear coz it's tooo inundated with Western-ness, but I'll take it into consideration.

Short shorts are something I'm not gonna do. Coz people tend to look.

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I think this look will go very well with your gorgeous sand coloured Yves Saint Laurent bag. Denim works beautifully with sand and beige.

However, I do think the short shorts are a little too short for my taste. Maybe just an inch or two longer. Unless you have amazing legs, then flaunt it I say!

Formal shirts said...

I'm not a big fan of the shorts at all but there are some great pieces in the other looks that interest me such as the denim!