Tuesday 10 May 2011

My MANy Bags Trendspotting #171


Below: Inspirations from downunder this Tuesday! Céline, Lanvin, Hermés and Jil Sander...
Tuesday Inspiration: Sydney Fashion Week

Sydney may not be the trio of fashion cities (Milan, Paris and New York) everyone look towards to for trendsetting styles... but it seems the fashionistas from down under has not been living in a rabbit's hole afterall. Fashion is as inspiring in beautiful Sydney as does the streets of Paris or Milan. These are collages of what tickles my 'fancies' today. Anyone for Tuesday inspirations?

Below: Love those Lanvin SS2011 Sandals!
1) Céline bi-colour leather cabas. This Spring Summer 201o version is from Phoebe Philo's debut collection for Céline. The strong orange colour gives a good contrast and visual impact against the khaki colour. LOVE! Why didn't I grab this version when it was for sale then? I also love the way the cabas is being carried sides folded in, giving a tapered shape to the whole silhouette.

2) Hermés Collier De Chien in Chocolate and Gold Hardware.
I have found and conquered the silver Palladium Hardware CDCs... now I am on the hunt for any of the gold versions. Especially the delicious colour combination of Chocolate and Gold. Or even better, Alligator skin. My dream CDC!

3) Lanvin SS2011 Mens Sandals. This gentlemen in Sydney pulled off the sandals with such panache. Paired with light weight knit, tussled hair... he adds an air of refined sporty attitudes with that gorgeous pair of Lanvin Sandals. I love and need the shoes now:-)

4) Jil Sander Floral Print Silk Twill Market Bag.
This is one of the most interesting bags to hit the stores this SS2011. Jil Sander's luxurious take on the mundane shopping carrier bags are a hit among fashionistas. I love this floral print version... very summer fun... girly chic to the max. Of course, as a guy, I probably picked the full leather versions in fluorescent pop colour.

Source: Facehunter, Style

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm loving the Jil Sander Floral Print Silk Twil Market bag. I want it. Bye

anne

http://puref.blogspot.com

Ives He said...

I thought about purchasing the Lanvin sandals, too. I have to say, they are a great spin on sandals. Definitely an added level of luxury with the use of exotic leather. I like that they are borderline ugly, which makes me love them even more. I actually love the one the guy is wearing. Love how he is wearing it with a simple outfit to let them stand out.