Tuesday 18 March 2008

The Material Boy #42




Gucci Spring Summer 2008 Totes

I am suffering from 'Gucci withdrawal symptoms' because I cannot find the checkered pants I wanted from the spring summer 2008 runway collection. I am 'addicted' and just have to look at more Gucci items:-P

So what has captured my attention yet again are these tote bags from the new collection. There is not much innovation in terms of a tote bag design, but I love the way the tote gives off a very beach bag feel. Reminds me of vacation and my glamorous resort holiday look. I know I am supposed to hate big logo branded merchandise, but the black suede tote bag with embroided Gucci script and lizard skin graphic shapes, is in a totally different class of its own. Imagine lizard skin! Wow! How luxurious. I thought the black tote is canvas fabric, but it is actually suede. All these leathers means a big price tag. So I am not sure I want to pay almost SGD $2600 for a beach bag. But I adore the design and will not mind buying if it is on sale.

For a cheaper alternative, you can opt for the checks fabric version. Equally appealing but would have been more perfect if the logo tag is made of leather instead of rubber(rubber just looks cheap). Nevertheless, the saving grace is the beautiful black and white checks fabric and the white stitched leather handles. Masculine and 'handsome' that befits a chic guy. Would be most appropriate to tote this to the beaches of St Tropez:-P Definitely a perfect match made in heaven with sandals/flip flops or your yachting attire.

Retail price:
1) Black suede tote with lizard skin details - Euro $1295
2) Checks fabric tote - Euro $495

Where to buy:
www.gucci.com

No comments: